Can the truth set you free?

  • jvmarco
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008

      Many claim to be dedicated to diverse spiritual realities and personal awakening. For most however, the brain, the ego, the pleasure centers, etc., do not want you fascinated with the idea of truth or waking up. Such a burning fascination would bring the demise of the brain, the ego, the pleasure centers, etc., as the personal thinking process knows them.

      I agree that the truth will set you free, but to have a genuine, burning fascination with truth is very rare,...most people do not want the truth, they want useless happiness, and thus its mate, useless suffering. The realization of truth will bring the demise of beliefs, and the thinking patterns associated with those beliefs.

      Today's human community cannot handle the truth,...truth is too profound to be consciously included in the lives people seek.

      E = mc2 is a partial truth that many accept. Whereas mc2 < c is the fuller truth that most refuse to see; a truth in which everything (that means everything) can be understood through the cognition of that simple equation. All energy and mass is less than the speed of light. People however, cling to the idea of energy and mass as something real, something to be worship like the religious superstititions of their ancestors. The truth is that energy and mass is not real, nor does it exist beyond the dream of separation. Energy is simply the motion of mass seeking a relationship with its source,...a relationship it can never have, because the condition of separation cannot merge with the unconditionality of source. Wholeness is beyond the sum of opposites. The sum of opposites is their cancellation.

      Every teaching of Buddhism points to the fuller truth of the above,...likewise, the Fourth Way philosophy (enneagram) points to the above,...and Maya and Bön Cosmology also points to the above. Yet even the adherents to those philosophies have not gone beyond their beliefs to see the truth. Most people, perhaps more than 99% of the world's population, are not conscious of even a single full truth,...nor do they want to.

      People do not want to understand that the quantum process applies to humans as well as sub-atomic particles. They do not want to know that there cannot be a present or instant in time. The often expressed term 'present time' is an oxymoron. Neither science, religion, nor New Age philosophy desires to move beyond its own theories,...to have a renaissance like view of the patterns that weave our existence. So even though truth will set us free, few wish to let go of the desire of useless happiness, that they cling to for their identity, and to authentically embrace the truth. Most people do not want the "who that they think they are" to disappear. They desire to bring their conditions into the unconditional,...yet truth will never allow that to occur.

      Vicente

      author of mc2 < c
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1425136486
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
        OK, agreed. Yet the consistent
        and universal set-you-free
        "truth", once known, brings
        with it the certain sense that
        awakening to truth is the destiny
        of humankind.

        Understanding this, even
        intellectually, without the
        direct experience of enlightenment,
        seems to be why many of the nondual
        (no separation) mindset feel
        that the "gurus", in their
        attunement to and enthusiasm
        for this eventuality,
        over-promise, and that we
        should just allow it to play
        out...rather than bemoan
        the fact that most people
        are not ready for it - today.

        As for the timetable,
        that's a different story.
        It seems that Mother Nature
        or Divine Mother moves at a
        very different pace than the
        impatience of one lifespan.

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jvmarco"

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2008
          V:
          A potential destiny perhaps, but not a certain one. The time-table
          of the Great Feminine could very well cancel out the universe before
          such a birthing of human beingness occurred, in which case humankind
          would cease to exist.

          From my observations, all meditation eventually leads to Heart-Mind,
          and from Heart-Mind is uncovered the compassion of the Bodhisattva to
          be dedicated to the liberation from suffering, and the cause of
          suffering, for all sentient beings. If such a destiny of truth was
          certain, there would be no Bodhisattvas. In other words, one could
          say that no Bodhisattva is a guru, if a guru is defined as one who
          has an enthusiasm for an eventuality that is is uncertain. Of
          course, an authentic Bodhisattva is not the least bit interested in
          enlightenment. Their interest is in bringing more light and love
          into this reality, not enlightenment.

          One way of bringing more light and love in, is to identify the false
          as the false.

          Eckhart Tolle said in 'The Power of Now', page 4, "we need to draw
          our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to
          recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting
          transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for
          that is how the false perpetuates itself" Many guru's actually
          perpetuate the false.

          Vicente

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
            Great observations. Yes, it may
            be the destiny, but not if the
            universe is cancelled - or humans
            go about to destroy the eco system
            on earth entirely. So, agreed, not
            certain.

            There are 2 classes of Bodhisattva.
            Those who have attained Buddhahood
            (enlightenment by any other name
            is still enlightenment) and yet
            wait at the gate through which
            they have already passed, and
            then come back, for the arrival of
            all sentient beings. The others
            are those who are still seeking
            to overcome the false, and so
            are, in a sense, naive Boddhisattvas.

            Clarity, as in the first category
            of Boddhisattva, leaves no question
            and brings an abiding recognition
            of the false.

            Also agree that many gurus perpetuate
            the false. Gurus are over-promisers
            for the most part. In their enthusiasm
            for the enlightenment they have
            attained - and the sure sense of
            the (potential) destiny of humankind
            to enter the cosmis conscious realm -
            they "promise" to guide the seeker.

            But they can only guide by pointing,
            and cannot teach that which cannot
            be taught.

            Thanks.

            Jeff

            <jvmarco@...> wrote:

            > V:
            > A potential destiny perhaps, but not a certain one. The time-table
            > of the Great Feminine could very well cancel out the universe
            before
            > such a birthing of human beingness occurred, in which case
            humankind
            > would cease to exist.
            >
            > From my observations, all meditation eventually leads to Heart-
            Mind,
> [...]
            expressed
            > term
            > > > 'present time' is an oxymoron. Neither science, religion, nor
            New
            > Age
            > > > philosophy desires to move beyond its own theories,...to have a
            > > > renaissance like view of the patterns that weave our existence.
            > So even
            > > > though truth will set us free, few wish to let go of the desire
            of
            > > > useless happiness, that they cling to for their identity, and to
            > > > authentically embrace the truth. Most people do not want
            the "who
            > that
            > > > they think they are" to disappear. They desire to bring their
            > conditions
            > > > into the unconditional,...yet truth will never allow that to

          • vempatig2003
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2008
              <jeff@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > certain, there would be no Bodhisattvas. In other words, one could
              > > say that no Bodhisattva is a guru, if a guru is defined as one who
              > > has an enthusiasm for an eventuality that is is uncertain. Of
              > > course, an authentic Bodhisattva is not the least bit interested in
              > > enlightenment. Their interest is in bringing more light and love
              > > into this reality, not enlightenment.
              > >
              > > One way of bringing more light and love in, is to identify the
              > false
              > > as the false.
              > >
              > > Eckhart Tolle said in 'The Power of Now', page 4, "we need to draw
              > > our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to
              > > recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting
              > > transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion,
              > for
              > > that is how the false perpetuates itself" Many guru's actually

              sub atomic particles, Doe's Light exist with out these two factor?
              >> Suppose if it exist..Does it become stationery?
              >>If Spead of light is higher than energy , then with what energy it
              is moving fast without mass?
              >> All these three factors work closely and perform the universe
              >> which is called ONENESS or the supremity
              >> When they are separate, then ultimate emptyness is created i.e
              sunya sthith where nothing exists
              >> that is the real state of supreme
              >> If that is the final goal of the truth
              >> There is no need of this creation
              >> Master C.V.V clearly explained this to the universe about 100 years
              back
              >> Attaining eternity is the final goal of creation
              >> That is a state of all the three mass, energy and light together
              in one state

            • jvmarco
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 14, 2008

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "vempatig2003" <vempatig2003@...> wrote:
                > sub atomic particles, Doe's Light exist with out these two factor?
                > >> Suppose if it exist..Does it become stationery?
                > >>If Spead of light is higher than energy , then with what energy it
                > is moving fast without mass?
                > >> All these three factors work closely and perform the universe
                > >> which is called ONENESS or the supremity
                > >> When they are separate, then ultimate emptyness is created i.e
                > sunya sthith where nothing exists
                > >> that is the real state of supreme
                > >> If that is the final goal of the truth
                > >> There is no need of this creation
                > >> Master C.V.V clearly explained this to the universe about 100 years back. Attaining eternity is the final goal of creation
                > >> That is a state of all the three  mass, energy and light together
                > in one state

                V:
                No....Mass, energy and Undivided Light cannot exist together in one state.  Energy is the motion of mass which seeks unity with the stillness of Undivided Light, yet can NEVER realize that union.  That is an irrefutable fact.  Ego may not like that fact, but it is the way it is.

                mc2<c is clearly explained in:
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1425136486

                Vicente
                :)