Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Best Book Ever on Meditation

  • Silent Thunder
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2007
      sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      It's still a good book Duuuuuude

      Yeah well I never said it wasn't. Personally, I've never read it but I know the overall plot about Krishna being a prince and going to war and all.

      To me, self-inquiry or "inner exploration" is all that matters. And I consider it the best form of meditation ever. Of course, we're all unique so we can't have a one-size-fits-all technique we all can use. What I'd suggest to someone just starting out is to try out different methods and see which one suits them best.

      I know little about meditation guides but the 108 techniques found on the meditationsociety website were really helpful.

      Apart from this, I've found Conversations With God (CWG) by Neale Donald Walsch a great read. For people who don't know, it's a sort of newage, god-is-like-the-feller-next-door, live-as-you-please treatise but very insightful. What Rhonda Byrne goes on and on about in "The Secret" was summarized in CWG way before Byrne wrote her stuff. Of course it's quite an old concept but what I'm saying is CWG has a LOT of great, eye-opening stuff for all you people who aren't too spiritually evolved (which is everyone but myself ;) j/k).

      Also worth mention is the immortal Zen classic, The Gateless Gate. I read it a long time ago and I still can't get my head around it. That isn't necessarily a bad thing though. It's a really intriguing piece of work and is freely available on the net.

      But if you want the best piece of spiritual work ever, go watch South Park :)

      Gwyn Plaine <gplaine@...> wrote:

      throwing a babe into a shark pool

      Kick ass! :)