Re: Guilt and Forgiving

    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 14, 2002
      Let's use the analogy that your life is a
      balloon. Anger, guilt, jealousy, bigotry, hate, and so on,
      can all be looked at as things that are taking up the
      space that love would be in if there was room. All the
      negative things are very heavy, and love is very light. If
      we remove the heavy things, we fill with love and
      get lighter and higher. Eventually, we get to the
      point that the balloon has begun to rise out of the
      smog of illusion and entered the rarified pure air of
      reality. Then, the balloon bursts and the love within
      merges with the infinite love without, and the false
      concept that you are apart from the rest of the universe
      evaporates, and the union with all and everything becomes
      realized. And you live happily ever after. Meditation is
      the tool that helps this happen sooner than later.
      Recognizing the negative heavy things we carry around within,
      forgiving yourself and others, and letting love come in,
      are some of the techniques that are involved. <br>I
      hope this helps remove some of the heavy stuff in your
      balloon.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: