Re: [Meditation Society of America] The OK Corral

  • Athanor
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
      Bob, please, can you help me with this? I'm trying to stop using my Yahoo acount for this messages, as the mail storage is so small and i already received lots of messages to make some more space in my inbox... i'm gonna use this address: athanor@... (it's my company's address and it's easier to work with in Outlook Express)..
      Thank you,
      Mirela
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
        Well Jeff,
        i think you are right about the message below... i red it when i signed up, but i forgot it.. the purpose of this group.. i came in here and start asking everyone questions instead of sharing meditation methods (as i don't meditate...as i don't know what is that or if i need it)...
        So, sorry for disturbing!
        Wish you all the best,
        Mirela
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
          Dear Mirela,
          Actually, asking questions in the way that you do is a form of
          meditation (Jnana Yoga). It is analagous to the method where you ask
          yourself "Who am I"? The best way to learn about meditation is by
          meditating. In the 21st Century, millions of people now meditate in
          front of their computer screens instead of in front of an alter. When
          you start getting responses from such enlightened people as Ganga,
          Jeff, Ramon, Judi, Michael, Tony and others, it can be even more
          illuminating an experience than worshiping and meditating about the
          FDG's (Famous Dead Guys - I think that's the right term, as coined by
          Sri Bruceji). Your interactions have opened many doors of wisdom and
          are much appreciated. Thanks!
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Athanor"

          Service.

        • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
            Mirela -

            Asking questions is
            part of the purpose
            of this group as I
            read it. We all
            benefit from the
            exploration of
            consciousness, so
            please keep up the
            questions. And...

            Choose joy.

            In joy and understanding
            there is clarity and
            decisive, unencumbered
            action. Joy is not
            inactive and unaware
            or unconcerned. Joy is
            much better than that.
            Joy brings unshakable
            self-confidence, trust
            in your own judgment
            and the beautiful,
            graceful spontaneity
            of a child. Joy is
            not selfish, it is
            caring and kind and
            wise. Choose joy.

            The peaceful quiet
            of meditation opens
            the door to the real
            experience of joy -
            a fullness of joy
            that sees the entire
            world as if for the
            first time in every
            new moment, sees the
            love and goodness in
            everyone, delights in
            a sunrise, a smile,
            a hug. Bring joy
            to the world, Mirela.
            There's already
            enough pain.

            I wish you peace
            and love and joy
            and understanding
            in the new year,
            and in every new
            moment.

            Love,

            Jeff
          • Judi Rhodes
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
              Dear Mirela,
              Actually, asking questions in the way that you do is a form of
              meditation (Jnana Yoga). It is analagous to the method where you ask
              yourself "Who am I"? The best way to learn about meditation is by
              meditating. In the 21st Century, millions of people now meditate in
              front of their computer screens instead of in front of an alter. When
              you start getting responses from such enlightened people as Ganga,
              Jeff, Ramon, Judi, Michael, Tony

              ********* Bob, I'll thank you not to include me their "esteemed" (sic) company.

              Judi