Re: [Meditation Society of America] The OK Corral

  • Shambra Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2002
      Thanks Jeff.....

      ----- Just reviewing to remind myself
      where I am in the maze of Yahoo!
      Groups. And trying to make it safely
      out of Dodge City and back to the
      sanctity of my meditation pillow.Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

    • Athanor
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
        Bob, please, can you help me with this? I'm trying to stop using my Yahoo acount for this messages, as the mail storage is so small and i already received lots of messages to make some more space in my inbox... i'm gonna use this address: athanor@... (it's my company's address and it's easier to work with in Outlook Express)..
        Thank you,
        Mirela
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
          Well Jeff,
          i think you are right about the message below... i red it when i signed up, but i forgot it.. the purpose of this group.. i came in here and start asking everyone questions instead of sharing meditation methods (as i don't meditate...as i don't know what is that or if i need it)...
          So, sorry for disturbing!
          Wish you all the best,
          Mirela
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
            Dear Mirela,
            Actually, asking questions in the way that you do is a form of
            meditation (Jnana Yoga). It is analagous to the method where you ask
            yourself "Who am I"? The best way to learn about meditation is by
            meditating. In the 21st Century, millions of people now meditate in
            front of their computer screens instead of in front of an alter. When
            you start getting responses from such enlightened people as Ganga,
            Jeff, Ramon, Judi, Michael, Tony and others, it can be even more
            illuminating an experience than worshiping and meditating about the
            FDG's (Famous Dead Guys - I think that's the right term, as coined by
            Sri Bruceji). Your interactions have opened many doors of wisdom and
            are much appreciated. Thanks!
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Athanor"

            Service.

          • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
              Mirela -

              Asking questions is
              part of the purpose
              of this group as I
              read it. We all
              benefit from the
              exploration of
              consciousness, so
              please keep up the
              questions. And...

              Choose joy.

              In joy and understanding
              there is clarity and
              decisive, unencumbered
              action. Joy is not
              inactive and unaware
              or unconcerned. Joy is
              much better than that.
              Joy brings unshakable
              self-confidence, trust
              in your own judgment
              and the beautiful,
              graceful spontaneity
              of a child. Joy is
              not selfish, it is
              caring and kind and
              wise. Choose joy.

              The peaceful quiet
              of meditation opens
              the door to the real
              experience of joy -
              a fullness of joy
              that sees the entire
              world as if for the
              first time in every
              new moment, sees the
              love and goodness in
              everyone, delights in
              a sunrise, a smile,
              a hug. Bring joy
              to the world, Mirela.
              There's already
              enough pain.

              I wish you peace
              and love and joy
              and understanding
              in the new year,
              and in every new
              moment.

              Love,

              Jeff
            • Judi Rhodes
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 31, 2002
                Dear Mirela,
                Actually, asking questions in the way that you do is a form of
                meditation (Jnana Yoga). It is analagous to the method where you ask
                yourself "Who am I"? The best way to learn about meditation is by
                meditating. In the 21st Century, millions of people now meditate in
                front of their computer screens instead of in front of an alter. When
                you start getting responses from such enlightened people as Ganga,
                Jeff, Ramon, Judi, Michael, Tony

                ********* Bob, I'll thank you not to include me their "esteemed" (sic) company.

                Judi