Re: [Meditation Society of America] Don't Let Stress Get the Best of You!

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 24, 2007
      Way to go, Sean. You just sent
      all the Freudians into seizure.

      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > Ball it up and cram it deep down inside of you and never discuss it
      with anybody.

      > Much <cbondnelms@...> wrote: "More than half of our
      population suffers physically due to stress."

      > Chronic stress can affect your body in a number of ways. It can
      > weaken your immune system, which can cause fatigue, and that can
      make
      > you more susceptible to many other health issues. It's the snowball
      > effect.
      >
      > You must find ways to manage stress before stress manages you.
      > Whether the stress originates at the office or at home, you will
      take
      > it wherever you go, and when this feeling persists day after day,
      > that is when stress becomes chronic.
      >
      > The good news is there are strategies to manage stress, and one of
      > the best ways to do it is to learn to relax or mediate. Learn to
      > take control of stress when you feel it taking control of you.
      > http://www.tranquilityisyours.com
      >
      > "Tranquility is Yours," offers tranquil videos to help guide you
      into
      > a meditative state. The videos help you release stress by enabling
      > you to release the stress-generating thoughts that can be all
      > consuming.
      >
      > You will find many stress management techniques at "Tranquility is
      > Yours." Choose the one that works best for you, but do give the
      > stress relief videos a try. You will be surprised at how quickly
      you
      > will begin to feel relaxed. Studies show that just 10 to 20 minutes
      > of quiet reflection or meditation a day can bring relief from
      stress
      > and increase your tolerance of the dynamic situations around you.
      > http://www.tranquilityisyours.com
      >
      > You can also try these self-help tips to reduce the stress in your
      > life.
      >
      > *Eat right and exercise
      > *Set realistic goals
      > *Handle important tasks first and eliminate unessential tasks
      > *Take a break and meditate to slow down your mind
      > *Reduce the urge to be "perfect"
      > *Lean to say "no"
      > *Be flexible
      > *Avoid excessive competition
      > *Reduce criticism and do not stress when expectations are not met
      > *Manage your anger
      > *Push away negativity of any kind
      >
      > These tips can put you on the right road to reducing stress and
      > decreasing the power that stress can hold over your daily life.
      > Tranquility is Yours! Come and claim it.
      >
      > Find your inner peace, relax with tranquil videos and learn stress-
      > reducing techniques.
      > http://www.tranquilityisyours.com

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 2007
        unless the cocain did it already

        <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

        > Ball it up and cram it deep down inside of you and never discuss it
        with anybody.

        > Much <cbondnelms@ ...> wrote: "More than half of our
        population suffers physically due to stress."

        > Chronic stress can affect your body in a number of ways. It can
        > weaken your immune system, which can cause fatigue, and that can
        make
        > you more susceptible to many other health issues. It's the snowball
        > effect.
        >
        > You must find ways to manage stress before stress manages you.
        > Whether the stress originates at the office or at home, you will
        take
        > it wherever you go, and when this feeling persists day after day,
        > that is when stress becomes chronic.
        >
        > The good news is there are strategies to manage stress, and one of
        > the best ways to do it is to learn to relax or mediate. Learn to
        > take control of stress when you feel it taking control of you.
        > http://www.tranquil ityisyours. com
        >
        > "Tranquility is Yours," offers tranquil videos to help guide you
        into
        > a meditative state. The videos help you release stress by enabling
        > you to release the stress-generating thoughts that can be all
        > consuming.
        >
        > You will find many stress management techniques at "Tranquility is
        > Yours." Choose the one that works best for you, but do give the
        > stress relief videos a try. You will be surprised at how quickly
        you
        > will begin to feel relaxed. Studies show that just 10 to 20 minutes
        > of quiet reflection or meditation a day can bring relief from
        stress
        > and increase your tolerance of the dynamic situations around you.
        > http://www.tranquil ityisyours. com
        >
        > You can also try these self-help tips to reduce the stress in your
        > life.
        >
        > *Eat right and exercise
        > *Set realistic goals
        > *Handle important tasks first and eliminate unessential tasks
        > *Take a break and meditate to slow down your mind
        > *Reduce the urge to be "perfect"
        > *Lean to say "no"
        > *Be flexible
        > *Avoid excessive competition
        > *Reduce criticism and do not stress when expectations are not met
        > *Manage your anger
        > *Push away negativity of any kind
        >
        > These tips can put you on the right road to reducing stress and
        > decreasing the power that stress can hold over your daily life.
        > Tranquility is Yours! Come and claim it.
        >
        > Find your inner peace, relax with tranquil videos and learn stress-
        > reducing techniques.
        > http://www.tranquil ityisyours. com

        > Do You Yahoo!?
        > http://mail. yahoo.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 2007
          Freud in advertising

          Things, like psychoanalysis,
          go better with coke.

          I was referring, of course,
          to the neo-freudians who are
          big on talk it all out -
          like we are bottle that can
          only hold so many marbles.

          I'm more of the let sleeping
          dogs lie...or more sensually,
          don't kick old horseshit if
          you don't want to stink up
          your life.

          Meditation...on the other hand,
          has the capacity to dissolve
          old issues into the ether and
          completely take the sting out
          of old pain - both the guilt
          of the pain we inflicted, and
          the pain inflicted upon us.

          When we overcome the illusion
          of duality and come return to
          the garden of childlike delight
          in life, we rediscover an identity
          that is free of the illusory
          tale of life limited to the
          lab of concrete reality -
          absolutely pristine...again.

          Love is the answer.

          Jeff

          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > http://www.tranquilityisyours.com
          > >
          > > You can also try these self-help tips to reduce the stress in
          your
          > > life.
          > >
          > > *Eat right and exercise
          > > *Set realistic goals
          > > *Handle important tasks first and eliminate unessential tasks
          > > *Take a break and meditate to slow down your mind
          > > *Reduce the urge to be "perfect"
          > > *Lean to say "no"
          > > *Be flexible
          > > *Avoid excessive competition
          > > *Reduce criticism and do not stress when expectations are not met
          > > *Manage your anger
          > > *Push away negativity of any kind
          > >
          > > These tips can put you on the right road to reducing stress and
          > > decreasing the power that stress can hold over your daily life.
          > > Tranquility is Yours! Come and claim it.
          > >
          > > Find your inner peace, relax with tranquil videos and learn

        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 24, 2007
            Of course and I could't agree more.

            <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

> [...]
            > > http://www.tranquil ityisyours. com
            > >
            > > You can also try these self-help tips to reduce the stress in
            your
            > > life.
            > >
            > > *Eat right and exercise
            > > *Set realistic goals
            > > *Handle important tasks first and eliminate unessential tasks
            > > *Take a break and meditate to slow down your mind
            > > *Reduce the urge to be "perfect"
            > > *Lean to say "no"
            > > *Be flexible
            > > *Avoid excessive competition
            > > *Reduce criticism and do not stress when expectations are not met
            > > *Manage your anger
            > > *Push away negativity of any kind
            > >
            > > These tips can put you on the right road to reducing stress and
            > > decreasing the power that stress can hold over your daily life.
            > > Tranquility is Yours! Come and claim it.
            > >
            > > Find your inner peace, relax with tranquil videos and learn

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Aideen McKenna
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 24, 2007

              After 70 years of living, during which I’ve kicked up a fair amount of horseshit without finding that it did much except what you said, I’m inclined to agree with you.  Love, & live in the now.

              Aideen