Re: [Meditation Society of America] Resonance

  • Gwyn Plaine
    Message 1 of 40 , Oct 18, 2007
      ROFL...

      On 10/18/07, sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      News Flash!
      A peaceful meeting of interfaith leaders was disrupted by a vicious gang a atheist thugs.
      the melee that followed lead to the arrests of several nuns at least two bishops were defrocked to the embarrassment of Christians of all faiths, riot police were unable to restore order for several hours in that time witness reported seeing a Brahman sharing a cheeseburger with a Rabbi and two Mullahs in drag exchanging porn sites

      Gwyn Plaine <gplaine@...> wrote:
      You said 'Yours in Christ'

      Yeshua=Joshua=Josh

      Yeshua --> Iesous --> Jesus: If you're going to anglicise it, just translate it correctly as "Josh." :D

    • Silent Thunder
      Message 40 of 40 , Oct 19, 2007
        I couldn't agree more.. I'm not a christian but I've grown to look beyond stereotypes and appreciate all religions in that they all speak the same message. I believe that at its best, the human mind is very metaphorical in its expression. So most of our spiritual leaders, who had much greater access to their inner realms conveyed their teachings metaphorically but we as a society are, unfortunately, too immature to actually pass the veil of the metaphors and grab the message concealed within.

        One of these, in my belief, is the concept of "heaven and hell". These are not places you go to if you break a certain rigid code of conduct but are rather stages of evolution that the consciousness experiences. Evolution, naturally, cannot go backwards and as we move towards higher stages or "heaven" as we like to call it, we learn to widen our focus beyond the physical world and spontaneously, our desire to acquire material things begins to fade away. Hell, on the other hand, isn't negativeness or retardation of conscious development but instead, I believe, it is slower and much delayed evolution caused by our reluctance to sever our attachments. Hence, hell is a temporary condition which will take care of itself but we can speed up the process of our spiritual growth by making conscious effort to free ourselves of bondage.

        I'm not trying to change your fundamental beliefs but only expressing mine.

        sean tremblay <bethjams9@...> wrote:
        Aide en,
        I love your ISness definition.  That's the best way I've heard it put. It kinda goes with thoughts I have on Heaven and Hell.  To me heaven is a state of oneness with that Isness the definition less and the potential of being, as in the bible "In the beginning there was the Word" and that word or to paraphrase my old buddy Jeff, that resonance that set subatomic particles into motion that explosion of energy that released itself to form the material universe and continues to expand and recreate itself moment to moment, in a very explosive and dynamic way.  It is that Isness that exists beyond our human definitions to name and label free and existing we are all a part of.  The hell part is the emotional separation from the Isness the attachment to all those negative feelings and falshoods or delusions that lead us into a state of suffering.  Satan. Lucifer. the prince of lies ect... is the Archetypal deceiver who encourages us to turn towards our immediate passions and gratifications which in turn lead to more suffering hence Hell he engorged Humankind to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and in doing so we began to feel shame, we lost our innocence and so had to toil, that is work towards our unity/grace/ Isness rather than just BEing.  The Christ or Josh if some prefer said Through me I am the way, and to me that means by my example of forgiveness and compassion you will free your self of suffering, "For my kingdom is not of this world." and by walking away from hate and discontent the christian finds themselves in a state of grace/enlightened?
        That's just how I read the Bible.  I am not a scholar, theologian or scientist that's just how I see it

        I’ve flirted with about 12 of those – Rumi is a global treasure – recently I read a couple of Antoinette Roberson’s books (Gangaji) – I  started out with much skepticism, but now feel more open to what she says.  (For one thing, I like that she came to my neighborhood & the price of admission was practically nil).  As for Jesus, I can now (at last) read as if for the first time the few things he actually seems to have said.  The church he never intended to establish went off the rails pretty well from the get-go, it seems to me.