Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

The OK Corral

Expand Messages
  • Jeff Belyea <jeff@mindgoal.com>
    As I read it... The Meditation Society of America s goal is to share meditation methods from all traditions. This group is an opportunity to ask and answer
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      As I read it...

      "The Meditation Society of America's
      goal is to share meditation methods
      from all traditions. This group is
      an opportunity to ask and answer
      questions about meditation and
      discuss experiences. If you gain
      greater Self Knowledge, inner peace
      and self control, it will have
      achieved its aim."

      Just reviewing to remind myself
      where I am in the maze of Yahoo!
      Groups. And trying to make it safely
      out of Dodge City and back to the
      sanctity of my meditation pillow.

      Ramon's post about choosing
      the YES or NO route was one
      of the most enjoyable and
      lucid today. I chose the
      ecstatic route as well, Ramon.
      Also after a healthy dose of
      dark nights of the soul.

      There's life beyond the suffering,
      whether you choose to jump right
      into it and get burned to a crisp,
      finally annihilating the "I"dentity,
      or totally surrendering to life after
      years of struggle and finding release
      in the grace of a mind-blowing new
      understanding that presents itself
      to you "out of the blue", or more
      poetically and scripturally,"beyond
      what you could think or imagine".

      A shoot out the "I'm OK, you're not"
      corral is not the only path open to
      those who have come the end of their
      rope. Gentle people who remember
      gentle people who offered gentle
      guidance, especially in the form of
      meditation techniques, are the most
      likely to turn to help others - out
      of the goodness they so gratefully
      discovered in their own hearts
      and now recognize in all hearts.

      Sweetness and light or sulfur and
      molasses. You choose.

      Sweet dreams,

      Jeff
    • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
      ... ******* Oooh, where do I sign up? :-) LOL
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea
        <jeff@m...>" <jeff@m...> wrote:
        > As I read it...
        >
        > "The Meditation Society of America's
        > goal is to share meditation methods
        > from all traditions. This group is
        > an opportunity to ask and answer
        > questions about meditation and
        > discuss experiences. If you gain
        > greater Self Knowledge, inner peace
        > and self control, it will have
        > achieved its aim."
        >
        > Just reviewing to remind myself
        > where I am in the maze of Yahoo!
        > Groups. And trying to make it safely
        > out of Dodge City and back to the
        > sanctity of my meditation pillow.
        >
        > Ramon's post about choosing
        > the YES or NO route was one
        > of the most enjoyable and
        > lucid today. I chose the
        > ecstatic route as well, Ramon.
        > Also after a healthy dose of
        > dark nights of the soul.
        >
        > There's life beyond the suffering,
        > whether you choose to jump right
        > into it and get burned to a crisp,
        > finally annihilating the "I"dentity,
        > or totally surrendering to life after
        > years of struggle and finding release
        > in the grace of a mind-blowing new
        > understanding that presents itself
        > to you "out of the blue", or more
        > poetically and scripturally,"beyond
        > what you could think or imagine".
        >
        > A shoot out the "I'm OK, you're not"
        > corral is not the only path open to
        > those who have come the end of their
        > rope. Gentle people who remember
        > gentle people who offered gentle
        > guidance, especially in the form of
        > meditation techniques, are the most
        > likely to turn to help others - out
        > of the goodness they so gratefully
        > discovered in their own hearts
        > and now recognize in all hearts.
        >
        > Sweetness and light or sulfur and
        > molasses. You choose.
        >
        > Sweet dreams,
        >
        > Jeff

        ******* Oooh, where do I sign up? :-) LOL
      • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
        ... ******* The blind leading the blind. Judi
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 30, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          >
          > Sweetness and light or sulfur and
          > molasses. You choose.
          >
          > Sweet dreams,
          >
          > Jeff

          ******* The blind leading the blind.

          Judi
        • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
          ... ****** Which reminds me of a funny, from Sandeep. The reason there are phony gurus is so the phony seekers have a place to go! :-) LOL Judi
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 30, 2002
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes
            <judirhodes@z...>" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sweetness and light or sulfur and
            > > molasses. You choose.
            > >
            > > Sweet dreams,
            > >
            > > Jeff
            >
            > ******* The blind leading the blind.
            >
            > Judi

            ****** Which reminds me of a funny, from Sandeep. The reason there
            are phony gurus is so the phony seekers have a place to go! :-)

            LOL

            Judi
          • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
            ... ******** And on that note, I bid my adieu. Thank you for hospitality Bob. Seeya on the ranch. Love, Judi
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 30, 2002
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes
              <judirhodes@z...>" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes
              > <judirhodes@z...>" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Sweetness and light or sulfur and
              > > > molasses. You choose.
              > > >
              > > > Sweet dreams,
              > > >
              > > > Jeff
              > >
              > > ******* The blind leading the blind.
              > >
              > > Judi
              >
              > ****** Which reminds me of a funny, from Sandeep. The reason there
              > are phony gurus is so the phony seekers have a place to go! :-)
              >
              > LOL
              >
              > Judi

              ******** And on that note, I bid my adieu. Thank you for hospitality
              Bob. Seeya on the ranch.

              Love,
              Judi
            • tosime
              I had this feeling Sandeep s name was going to pop up! ... From: judirhodes [mailto:judirhodes@zianet.com] Sent: Monday, December 30,
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 30, 2002
              • 0 Attachment
                I had this feeling Sandeep's name was going to pop up!

                -----Original Message-----
                From: judirhodes <judirhodes@...> [mailto:judirhodes@...]
                Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 10:56 PM
                To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The OK Corral


                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes
                <judirhodes@z...>" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "judirhodes
                > <judirhodes@z...>" <judirhodes@z...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Sweetness and light or sulfur and
                > > > molasses. You choose.
                > > >
                > > > Sweet dreams,
                > > >
                > > > Jeff
                > >
                > > ******* The blind leading the blind.
                > >
                > > Judi
                >
                > ****** Which reminds me of a funny, from Sandeep. The reason there
                > are phony gurus is so the phony seekers have a place to go! :-)
                >
                > LOL
                >
                > Judi

                ******** And on that note, I bid my adieu. Thank you for hospitality
                Bob. Seeya on the ranch.

                Love,
                Judi



                To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                meditationsocietyofamerica-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
                ... ****** Yes, Sandeep is a fun guy, these other guys are idiots, they re about as enlightened as a turd in a punch bowl! :-) LOL Judi
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 31, 2002
                • 0 Attachment
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime"
                  <tosime@b...> wrote:
                  > I had this feeling Sandeep's name was going to pop up!
                  >
                  ****** Yes, Sandeep is a fun guy, these other guys are idiots,
                  they're about as "enlightened" as a turd in a punch bowl! :-)

                  LOL

                  Judi
                • tosime
                  Hi Judi, I have to admit, I do miss Sandeep s Zip-A-Dee-Dah-Doo (or was it Yaba Daba gopeeeee gooooo?). I still smile anytime his name comes up. I am beginning
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 31, 2002
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi Judi,

                    I have to admit, I do miss Sandeep's Zip-A-Dee-Dah-Doo (or was it Yaba Daba
                    gopeeeee gooooo?). I still smile anytime his name comes up.

                    I am beginning to appreciate the "transmutative" quality of your stronger
                    statements Judi - I wonder if I should call it shocking enlightenment?

                    ...Tony

                    -----Original Message-----
                    From: judirhodes <judirhodes@...> [mailto:judirhodes@...]
                    Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 4:18 PM
                    To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The OK Corral - Sandeep


                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime"
                    <tosime@b...> wrote:
                    > I had this feeling Sandeep's name was going to pop up!
                    >
                    ****** Yes, Sandeep is a fun guy, these other guys are idiots,
                    they're about as "enlightened" as a turd in a punch bowl! :-)

                    LOL

                    Judi






                    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    meditationsocietyofamerica-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • judirhodes <judirhodes@zianet.com>
                    ... Yaba Daba ... ****** Yeah, he s a pistol ain t he? He s a good man, I ve had a lot of fun with him over the years. He s one of the few I resonate with. ...
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 31, 2002
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "tosime"
                      <tosime@b...> wrote:
                      > Hi Judi,
                      >
                      > I have to admit, I do miss Sandeep's Zip-A-Dee-Dah-Doo (or was it
                      Yaba Daba
                      > gopeeeee gooooo?). I still smile anytime his name comes up.
                      >
                      ****** Yeah, he's a pistol ain't he? He's a good man, I've had a lot
                      of fun with him over the years. He's one of the few I resonate with.


                      > I am beginning to appreciate the "transmutative" quality of your
                      stronger
                      > statements Judi - I wonder if I should call it shocking
                      enlightenment?
                      >
                      ***** Yes, I've been told. :-) Glad you appreciate.

                      Happy New Year to you Tony - all the best.

                      Judi
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.