Re: (No) God Exists

  • jvmarco
    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 13 6:06 AM

      From a science viewpoint:
      Quantum cosmologists Steven Hawking and Jim Hartle suggest that concepts like a Big Bang, singularity, or a beginning and end, are meaningless because time does not exist.  This 'No Boundary' theory is actually quite consistant with what the Buddhas and Mahasiddhas from the East have been saying for thousands of years, as they embraced methods for experiencing Timelessness.

      From this Quantum Cosmological view, there actually is no creation, thus no creator,...because the word creation/creator implies a before and after, or time.

      From a spiritual viewpoint:
      In the book Tantric Transformation, Osho said, "Start knowing what you really know, and stop believing what you really don't know.  Somebody asks you. "Is there a God?"  and you say, "Yes, God is."  Remember: Do you really know?  If you don't know, please don't say that you do.  Say, "I don't know.". . . False knowing is the enemy of true knowledge.  All beliefs are false knowledge."

      From a Buddhist viewpoint:

      From a neuroscience viewpoint:

      From a logical viewpoint:
      1. If God exists, then God is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect.
      2. If God is omnipotent, then God has the power to eliminate all evil.
      3. If God is omniscient, then God knows when evil exists.
      4. If God is morally perfect, then God has the desire to eliminate all evil.
      5. Evil exists.
      6. If evil exists and God exists, then either God doesn't have the power to eliminate all evil, or doesn't know when evil exists, or doesn't have the desire to eliminate all evil.
      7. Therefore, God doesn't exist.

      From a Webster's Unabridged viewpoint:

      1. A being (condition) conceived as the omnipotent (condition), omniscient (condition) originator and ruler (condition) of the universe (condition), the principal object (condition) of faith and worship (conditions) in monotheistic religions (conditions).
      2. The force (condition), effect (condition), or a manifestation or aspect (conditions) of this being (condition).
      3. A being of supernatural powers (condition) or attributes (conditions), believed in and worshiped (conditions) by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality (conditions).
      4. An image of a supernatural being; an idol (conditions).
      5. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed (conditioned).
      6. A very handsome man (condition).
      7. A powerful ruler or despot (conditions).

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sriram chandrasekar <sriramiyar@...> wrote:
      > Excerpts from speeches delivered by Siddha Yogi Shri
      > Siva Shankar Baba
      > God is true; because it was He who created you.
      > You are true; because you have been created
      > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
      > http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

    • Gwyn Plaine
      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 25 2:04 PM

        On 10/24/07, Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jvmarco"
        <jvmarco@...> wrote:
        > <bethjams9@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I think therefore I am
        > > Descartes
        > >
        > V:
        > Actually, Descartes, like today's groupthink, has it upsidedown.
        > can you put the "i think" (the little i, the ego) before the I am?
        > www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=19601
        > <http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=19601>
        > The absolute, irrefutable reality is this:
        > Know God, no Peace; Gnow Peace, no God!
        > Vicente
        > :)

        Gnice gnostic touch, Vicente.