Re: night terrors

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was curious
      > > does anybody have any information on Night Terrors and sleep
      > paralisis?
      > > Biological or other causes?
      > >
      > Yo Sean,
      > I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
      > the real event that is going on when people think
      > they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
      > seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
      > about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
      > Peace and blessing,
      > Bob

      Those throwback uniforms
      were pretty terrifying, too.
    • suman sk
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
        To all,
        I used to have this kind of sleep paralysis experience few years back when I used to feel restricted to my bed or some place and not able to move and as if I am telling everyone to bring me out of this state..at the same time I used to feel some entity near me and I am telling them not to touch or harm me...This happenend many times to me..I have felt a strong urge to recite religious matras or GODS rememberance to drive that entity away..
        But now I dont feel it anymore...Also I wud suggest people having this kind of experience to read a religious scriptures before going to bed and praying GOD before going to bed.
        Also doing meditation helps a lot to come out of this unsettling experience.
        OM

        Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
        --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety
        <no_reply@.. .> wrote:

        > sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was curious
        > > does anybody have any information on Night Terrors and sleep
        > paralisis?
        > > Biological or other causes?
        > >
        > Yo Sean,
        > I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
        > the real event that is going on when people think
        > they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
        > seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
        > about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
        > Peace and blessing,
        > Bob

        Those throwback uniforms
        were pretty terrifying, too.

      • Bruce Morgen
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
          Jeff Belyea wrote:
          > <no_reply@...> wrote:
          >
          >> sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
          >>
          >>> I was curious
          >>> does anybody have any information on Night Terrors and sleep
          >>>
          >> paralisis?
          >>
          >>> Biological or other causes?
          >>>

          >> Yo Sean,
          >> I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
          >> the real event that is going on when people think
          >> they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
          >> seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
          >> about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
          >> Peace and blessing,
          >> Bob
          >>

          > Those throwback uniforms
          > were pretty terrifying, too.

          That was the previous week/game,
          Jeff -- perhaps Superman loses
          his powers without his
          Invulnerable Cape? I know my
          G-Men aren't that good, and I
          know Bobji's Iggles aren't that
          bad. Big Brandon Jacobs is
          back for my guys next week,
          let's see if he can stay
          unhurt for more than one game
          -- if he can, they might have a
          good run on one team Bobji and
          I agree on: the Dallas Cowgirls.
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
            <editor@...> wrote:

            > Jeff Belyea wrote:
            medit8ionsociety
            > > <no_reply@> wrote:

            > >> paralisis?

            > >> Yo Sean,
            > >> I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
            > >> the real event that is going on when people think
            > >> they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
            > >> seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
            > >> about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
            > >> Peace and blessing,
            > >> Bob
            > >>

            > > Those throwback uniforms
            > > were pretty terrifying, too.
            > >
            > That was the previous week/game,
            > Jeff -- perhaps Superman loses
            > his powers without his
            > Invulnerable Cape? I know my
            > G-Men aren't that good, and I
            > know Bobji's Iggles aren't that
            > bad. Big Brandon Jacobs is
            > back for my guys next week,
            > let's see if he can stay
            > unhurt for more than one game
            > -- if he can, they might have a
            > good run on one team Bobji and
            > I agree on: the Dallas Cowgirls.

            I know. I couldn't open
            my eyes for a week.

            Clark Kent wouldn't have
            been caught dead in those
            krypto costumes.

            Haven't decided if I want
            to back the Bucs, or see
            Chucky go, more than I
            want them to win.

            Easy pick to stay loyal
            to my New England roots.

            A roaming safety
            gathers no Moss.
          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
              Thanks for the advice ya freakin weirdo's
              and I mean that with the upmost META

              Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
              --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Bruce Morgen
              <editor@...> wrote:

              > Jeff Belyea wrote:
              > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
              medit8ionsociety
              > > <no_reply@> wrote:

              > >> paralisis?

              > >> Yo Sean,
              > >> I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
              > >> the real event that is going on when people think
              > >> they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
              > >> seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
              > >> about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
              > >> Peace and blessing,
              > >> Bob
              > >>

              > > Those throwback uniforms
              > > were pretty terrifying, too.
              > >
              > That was the previous week/game,
              > Jeff -- perhaps Superman loses
              > his powers without his
              > Invulnerable Cape? I know my
              > G-Men aren't that good, and I
              > know Bobji's Iggles aren't that
              > bad. Big Brandon Jacobs is
              > back for my guys next week,
              > let's see if he can stay
              > unhurt for more than one game
              > -- if he can, they might have a
              > good run on one team Bobji and
              > I agree on: the Dallas Cowgirls.

              I know. I couldn't open
              my eyes for a week.

              Clark Kent wouldn't have
              been caught dead in those
              krypto costumes.

              Haven't decided if I want
              to back the Bucs, or see
              Chucky go, more than I
              want them to win.

              Easy pick to stay loyal
              to my New England roots.

              A roaming safety
              gathers no Moss.

              Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

            • Jeff Belyea
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
                What's a META phor?

                Nice that you could
                see the parallels in
                the sports analogies.

                I wrestled with night
                terrors and paralysis
                for several years in
                my teens.

                Felt like someone was
                smothering me with
                pillow. I wrote it off
                as a pre-verbal recall
                of an attempt to off me by
                some family member who
                didn't want me around,
                but who chickened out at
                the last minute.

                But seriously folks, I
                think trying to figure
                them out falls in the
                same category as dream
                analysis.

                Here's my final conclusions
                after years of research:

                The brain is reacting like...
                you how a sock sticks to a towel
                when you them out of the dryer?

                Like that.

                <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                > Thanks for the advice ya freakin weirdo's
                > and I mean that with the upmost META
                >
                > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce
                Morgen