Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: night terrors

  • Grace Yllana
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
      I've suffered from this in childhood...what has worked for me that I was taught was to try to move my little finger...to focus on moving just that when I am in the middle of an episode...it has always worked to get me out of it...

      Dennis <buddy62258@...> wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, medit8ionsociety
      <no_reply@.. .> wrote:

      > sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I was curious
      > > does anybody have any information on Night Terrors and sleep
      > paralisis?
      > > Biological or other causes?
      > >
      > Yo Sean,
      > I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
      > the real event that is going on when people think
      > they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
      > seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
      > about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
      > Peace and blessing,
      > Bob

      Sean,
      Night Terror's are a natural part of a pre OBE. They have been called
      the old Hag syndrome for ages too. Once you learn to NOT react to
      these bazaar event's will be able to have an OBE, which in most cases
      are very enjoyable and educational.

      This is just a barrier we must get past. You can find out more info by
      searching for Dream Initiative, Lucid Dreamer..etc.

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I was curious
        > > does anybody have any information on Night Terrors and sleep
        > paralisis?
        > > Biological or other causes?
        > >
        > Yo Sean,
        > I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
        > the real event that is going on when people think
        > they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
        > seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
        > about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
        > Peace and blessing,
        > Bob

        Those throwback uniforms
        were pretty terrifying, too.
      • suman sk
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
          To all,
          I used to have this kind of sleep paralysis experience few years back when I used to feel restricted to my bed or some place and not able to move and as if I am telling everyone to bring me out of this state..at the same time I used to feel some entity near me and I am telling them not to touch or harm me...This happenend many times to me..I have felt a strong urge to recite religious matras or GODS rememberance to drive that entity away..
          But now I dont feel it anymore...Also I wud suggest people having this kind of experience to read a religious scriptures before going to bed and praying GOD before going to bed.
          Also doing meditation helps a lot to come out of this unsettling experience.
          OM

          <no_reply@.. .> wrote:

          > sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I was curious
          > > does anybody have any information on Night Terrors and sleep
          > paralisis?
          > > Biological or other causes?
          > >
          > Yo Sean,
          > I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
          > the real event that is going on when people think
          > they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
          > seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
          > about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
          > Peace and blessing,
          > Bob

          Those throwback uniforms
          were pretty terrifying, too.

        • Bruce Morgen
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
            Jeff Belyea wrote:
            > <no_reply@...> wrote:
            >
            >> sean tremblay <bethjams9@> wrote:
            >>
            >>> I was curious
            >>> does anybody have any information on Night Terrors and sleep
            >>>
            >> paralisis?
            >>
            >>> Biological or other causes?
            >>>

            >> Yo Sean,
            >> I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
            >> the real event that is going on when people think
            >> they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
            >> seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
            >> about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
            >> Peace and blessing,
            >> Bob
            >>

            > Those throwback uniforms
            > were pretty terrifying, too.

            That was the previous week/game,
            Jeff -- perhaps Superman loses
            his powers without his
            Invulnerable Cape? I know my
            G-Men aren't that good, and I
            know Bobji's Iggles aren't that
            bad. Big Brandon Jacobs is
            back for my guys next week,
            let's see if he can stay
            unhurt for more than one game
            -- if he can, they might have a
            good run on one team Bobji and
            I agree on: the Dallas Cowgirls.
          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
              <editor@...> wrote:

              > Jeff Belyea wrote:
              medit8ionsociety
              > > <no_reply@> wrote:

              > >> paralisis?

              > >> Yo Sean,
              > >> I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
              > >> the real event that is going on when people think
              > >> they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
              > >> seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
              > >> about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
              > >> Peace and blessing,
              > >> Bob
              > >>

              > > Those throwback uniforms
              > > were pretty terrifying, too.
              > >
              > That was the previous week/game,
              > Jeff -- perhaps Superman loses
              > his powers without his
              > Invulnerable Cape? I know my
              > G-Men aren't that good, and I
              > know Bobji's Iggles aren't that
              > bad. Big Brandon Jacobs is
              > back for my guys next week,
              > let's see if he can stay
              > unhurt for more than one game
              > -- if he can, they might have a
              > good run on one team Bobji and
              > I agree on: the Dallas Cowgirls.

              I know. I couldn't open
              my eyes for a week.

              Clark Kent wouldn't have
              been caught dead in those
              krypto costumes.

              Haven't decided if I want
              to back the Bucs, or see
              Chucky go, more than I
              want them to win.

              Easy pick to stay loyal
              to my New England roots.

              A roaming safety
              gathers no Moss.
            • sean tremblay
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
                Thanks for the advice ya freakin weirdo's
                and I mean that with the upmost META

                Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
                --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Bruce Morgen
                <editor@...> wrote:

                > Jeff Belyea wrote:
                > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
                medit8ionsociety
                > > <no_reply@> wrote:

                > >> paralisis?

                > >> Yo Sean,
                > >> I believe that one theory points to sleep paralysis as
                > >> the real event that is going on when people think
                > >> they have been abducted by aliens. As far as Night Terrors,
                > >> seeing the Eagles give up 12 sacks last Sunday night was
                > >> about as terrifying a night as I can remember in a long time!
                > >> Peace and blessing,
                > >> Bob
                > >>

                > > Those throwback uniforms
                > > were pretty terrifying, too.
                > >
                > That was the previous week/game,
                > Jeff -- perhaps Superman loses
                > his powers without his
                > Invulnerable Cape? I know my
                > G-Men aren't that good, and I
                > know Bobji's Iggles aren't that
                > bad. Big Brandon Jacobs is
                > back for my guys next week,
                > let's see if he can stay
                > unhurt for more than one game
                > -- if he can, they might have a
                > good run on one team Bobji and
                > I agree on: the Dallas Cowgirls.

                I know. I couldn't open
                my eyes for a week.

                Clark Kent wouldn't have
                been caught dead in those
                krypto costumes.

                Haven't decided if I want
                to back the Bucs, or see
                Chucky go, more than I
                want them to win.

                Easy pick to stay loyal
                to my New England roots.

                A roaming safety
                gathers no Moss.

                Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

              • Jeff Belyea
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
                  What's a META phor?

                  Nice that you could
                  see the parallels in
                  the sports analogies.

                  I wrestled with night
                  terrors and paralysis
                  for several years in
                  my teens.

                  Felt like someone was
                  smothering me with
                  pillow. I wrote it off
                  as a pre-verbal recall
                  of an attempt to off me by
                  some family member who
                  didn't want me around,
                  but who chickened out at
                  the last minute.

                  But seriously folks, I
                  think trying to figure
                  them out falls in the
                  same category as dream
                  analysis.

                  Here's my final conclusions
                  after years of research:

                  The brain is reacting like...
                  you how a sock sticks to a towel
                  when you them out of the dryer?

                  Like that.

                  <bethjams9@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for the advice ya freakin weirdo's
                  > and I mean that with the upmost META
                  >
                  > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Bruce
                  Morgen