Swami Satchidananda's Weekly Words of Wisdom

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
      "A Realized Soul"

      "A realized or liberated soul, a Jivanmukta,
      neither worries about the past nor thinks
      about the future, but simply enjoys the golden
      present. If all of a sudden, in the middle of
      the day, the sun becomes moon and the cool
      moonlight shines down on us, won't it be a big
      surprise? Imagine if something like that happened
      right now, how astonished you would be. But not
      the Jivanmukta. Such a person will feel, 'Well,
      if that's what God wants, fine. I accept it.' The
      scriptures tell us: 'The Jivanmukta will neither
      say, 'This is good' nor 'This is bad,' but will
      say: 'It's all God's will.' He or she will just
      witness everything. It is hard to accept, but there
      is no other way to find permanent peace.

      "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
      Swami Satchidananda

      To subscribe to Swamiji's Weekly Words of Wisdom,
      email your request to: wordsofwisdom@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2008
        "Create Selfless Thoughts"

        "Many people think, `What is the use of
        me controlling my mind - making it blank without any
        thoughts? Am I going to be like a stone?'
        Learn to control the thoughts so you can create any
        thought you want. This mastery makes the mind
        your tool. You can fulfill all your responsibilities
        and serve humanity greatly by achieving this control.
        If, after finding tranquility, you go out to
        serve, you are still creating thoughts - but thoughts
        of serving others. They are selfless thoughts.

        Even if such thoughts arise in the mind they
        won't affect its tranquility. If you can make your mind
        pure, then the whole world is your friend. That's
        why dedicated people never have worries, anxiety
        or restlessness. They are permanently joyous.

        "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

        To have the Weekly Words of Wisdom emailed to you,
        email your request to:
        wordsofwisdom@...