Re: Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
      "jvmarco" <jvmarco@...> wrote:

      > During 1995-96 I lived in Yogaville and became an acquaintance of
      > Gurudev (Swami Satchidananda). I wasn't a devotee, but lived at
      > community house across from the ashram. About 6 days a week I would
      > collect the ashrams organic refuse for composting. I also built a
      > rather magical 9 circuit labyrinth in the woods where I was living.
      > Gurudev would occasionally drive over in his little SUV a discuss my
      > projects. I felt he enjoyed my company.
      >
      > Of course I would often go to satsang on Saturdays at the ashram and
      > listen to his take on various subjects. Thought he was an exceptional
      > fellow.
      >
      > :)

      Yo Sri Jamesji,
      Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
      many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
      time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
      to get there from Philly. We would always have high
      expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
      amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
      and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
      quality (to put a G spin on this). The ride home would
      seem to only take a few moments, but the glow was very long
      lasting and felt like "...and they lived happily ever after".
      I already had a fairly good library of videos
      that were taken from those satsangs, but I'm glad that the
      Youtube clips are now available as they are short "trips"
      that are a joy-full reminder of those amazing satsang
      momentous moments. Thanks for relighting these pleasant
      memories and I wish you well with your new book and All
      and Everything.
      PS: For those who would like to know more about the
      full length satsang videos of Swami Satchidananda,
      please check this out:
      http://www.shakticom.org/
    • jvmarco
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 2007
        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Yo Sri Jamesji,
        > Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
        > many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
        > time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
        > to get there from Philly. We would always have high
        > expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
        > amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
        > and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
        > quality (to put a G spin on this).

        For an even smaller universe,...I was born and raise in North Philly.

        Yes, the ashram has wonderful food, and great compostable left
        overs. Wonderful people too! I lived at the end of Liberty Lane.

        :)