Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: The (Real) Secret

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
      I have posed this question to a few Magicians that I have met along the way and that was by far the most CLEAR answer

      jvmarco <jvmarco@...> wrote:
      <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:
      > I have a question on magick,
      > Acording to Crowley, Magic is, to cause change in conformity by
      use of the Will.
      > That being the case is Magick limited by the will of the
      individual combined by the colective will of other people???<

      The "will" of the Mahasiddhas and Bodhisattvas is in agreement with
      the higher collective will. That is to say, at the higher levels of
      realization, or uncovering from beliefs, one understands that the
      universe is not here for them, but that they are here for the

      I would say that yes, self-consciousness always limits the
      manifestation of magick. Whereas magick in cooperation with ocean
      upon which our perceived iceberg floats has no limits other than the
      laws of duality.

      As for the personality that was Crowley, I tend to agree with
      Gurdjieff that Crowley didn't get it,...which is to say, his
      particular obscurations dulled a clear view of reality, as a
      flashlight pressed against the palm of the hand only extends a dim
      red glow, not the brilliant light inherent in us all.

      We are brighter than a thousand stars.

      In 1995, at Stanford University, physicists made two particles of
      matter by supercharging a trillion-watt laser through a linear
      accelerator. If they had access to all of our sun's power in one
      spot, there might have been enough power to make one ounce of matter.
      Thus, it would take more than a thousand stars to make the physical
      mass of a person. Even then, we are much grander than our physical

      > jvmarco <jvmarco@... > wrote:
      > Actually, having spent the past 35 years researching the subject,
      I've completed two books this year.
      > My book 'Exploring Freethought Magick' is now available. Expect
      it to be posted on amazon.com and available through Borders within a
      > For a peek at the cover:
      > www.trafford. com/4dcgi/ view-item? item=20857
      > My intent was to write the best, most accurate book on
      Freethought Spirituality available, and feel I accomplished that
      > In the book Freethought Magick the word magick is defined:
      > Magick: The art of producing a desired effect through intention.
      Magick with a "k" differentiates the word from the sleight-of-hand,
      trickery illusions of magic. The magick of the siddha's is called
      siddhi, which implies attainment through spiritual ability.
      > In other words, the level of one's magick is commensurate with
      their level of spiritual wakefulness - no wakefulness, no magick.
      > What is magick? G.I. Gurdjieff put an elephant to sleep from ten
      miles away? The answer to that and more are in the book. Every page
      will wow the reader.