Re: Swami Satchidananda

  • jvmarco
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
      During 1995-96 I lived in Yogaville and became an acquaintance of
      Gurudev (Swami Satchidananda). I wasn't a devotee, but lived at
      community house across from the ashram. About 6 days a week I would
      collect the ashrams organic refuse for composting. I also built a
      rather magical 9 circuit labyrinth in the woods where I was living.
      Gurudev would occasionally drive over in his little SUV a discuss my
      projects. I felt he enjoyed my company.

      Of course I would often go to satsang on Saturdays at the ashram and
      listen to his take on various subjects. Thought he was an exceptional
      fellow.

      :)
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
        "jvmarco" <jvmarco@...> wrote:

        > During 1995-96 I lived in Yogaville and became an acquaintance of
        > Gurudev (Swami Satchidananda). I wasn't a devotee, but lived at
        > community house across from the ashram. About 6 days a week I would
        > collect the ashrams organic refuse for composting. I also built a
        > rather magical 9 circuit labyrinth in the woods where I was living.
        > Gurudev would occasionally drive over in his little SUV a discuss my
        > projects. I felt he enjoyed my company.
        >
        > Of course I would often go to satsang on Saturdays at the ashram and
        > listen to his take on various subjects. Thought he was an exceptional
        > fellow.
        >
        > :)

        Yo Sri Jamesji,
        Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
        many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
        time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
        to get there from Philly. We would always have high
        expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
        amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
        and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
        quality (to put a G spin on this). The ride home would
        seem to only take a few moments, but the glow was very long
        lasting and felt like "...and they lived happily ever after".
        I already had a fairly good library of videos
        that were taken from those satsangs, but I'm glad that the
        Youtube clips are now available as they are short "trips"
        that are a joy-full reminder of those amazing satsang
        momentous moments. Thanks for relighting these pleasant
        memories and I wish you well with your new book and All
        and Everything.
        PS: For those who would like to know more about the
        full length satsang videos of Swami Satchidananda,
        please check this out:
        http://www.shakticom.org/
      • jvmarco
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2007
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > Yo Sri Jamesji,
          > Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
          > many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
          > time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
          > to get there from Philly. We would always have high
          > expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
          > amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
          > and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
          > quality (to put a G spin on this).

          For an even smaller universe,...I was born and raise in North Philly.

          Yes, the ashram has wonderful food, and great compostable left
          overs. Wonderful people too! I lived at the end of Liberty Lane.

          :)