Re: The (Real) Secret

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
      Looking forward to reading it.
      Great concept,and obviously a
      lot of energy and enthusiasm
      for the project.

      mc2<c is cooool. Lightening
      in a bottle.

      Jeff

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jvmarco"
      <jvmarco@...> wrote:

      > Actually, having spent the past 35 years researching the subject,
      I've
      > completed two books this year.
      >
      > My book 'Exploring Freethought Magick' is now available. Expect it
      to be
      > posted on amazon.com and available through Borders within a week.
      >
      > For a peek at the cover:
      > www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857
      > <http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857>
      >
      > My intent was to write the best, most accurate book on Freethought
      > Spirituality available, and feel I accomplished that goal.
      >
      > In the book Freethought Magick the word magick is defined:
      >
      > Magick: The art of producing a desired effect through intention.
      Magick
      > with a "k" differentiates the word from the sleight-of-hand,
      trickery
      > illusions of magic. The magick of the siddha's is called siddhi,
      which
      > implies attainment through spiritual ability.
      >
      > In other words, the level of one's magick is commensurate with their
      > level of spiritual wakefulness - no wakefulness, no magick.
      >
      > What is magick? G.I. Gurdjieff put an elephant to sleep from ten
      miles
      > away? The answer to that and more are in the book. Every page
      will wow
      > the reader.
      >
      > Be glad to discuss Freethought Magick/Spirituality on
      >
      > Vicente

    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
        I have a question on magick,
        Acording to Crowley, Magic is, to cause change in conformity by use of the Will.
        That being the case is Magick limited by the will of the individual combined by the colective will of other people???

        jvmarco <jvmarco@...> wrote:

[...]

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

      • jvmarco
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > I have a question on magick,
          > Acording to Crowley, Magic is, to cause change in conformity by
          use of the Will.
          > That being the case is Magick limited by the will of the
          individual combined by the colective will of other people???<

          The "will" of the Mahasiddhas and Bodhisattvas is in agreement with
          the higher collective will. That is to say, at the higher levels of
          realization, or uncovering from beliefs, one understands that the
          universe is not here for them, but that they are here for the
          universe.

          I would say that yes, self-consciousness always limits the
          manifestation of magick. Whereas magick in cooperation with ocean
          upon which our perceived iceberg floats has no limits other than the
          laws of duality.

          As for the personality that was Crowley, I tend to agree with
          Gurdjieff that Crowley didn't get it,...which is to say, his
          particular obscurations dulled a clear view of reality, as a
          flashlight pressed against the palm of the hand only extends a dim
          red glow, not the brilliant light inherent in us all.

          We are brighter than a thousand stars.

          In 1995, at Stanford University, physicists made two particles of
          matter by supercharging a trillion-watt laser through a linear
          accelerator. If they had access to all of our sun's power in one
          spot, there might have been enough power to make one ounce of matter.
          Thus, it would take more than a thousand stars to make the physical
          mass of a person. Even then, we are much grander than our physical
          vehicles.

          :)

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
            Thanks
            I have posed this question to a few Magicians that I have met along the way and that was by far the most CLEAR answer