Re: The (Real) Secret

  • jvmarco
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14 10:37 PM

      Actually, having spent the past 35 years researching the subject, I've completed two books this year.

      My book 'Exploring Freethought Magick' is now available. Expect it to be posted on amazon.com and available through Borders within a week.

      For a peek at the cover:
      www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857

      My intent was to write the best, most accurate book on Freethought Spirituality available, and feel I accomplished that goal.

      In the book Freethought Magick the word magick is defined:

      Magick: The art of producing a desired effect through intention. Magick with a "k" differentiates the word from the sleight-of-hand, trickery illusions of magic. The magick of the siddha's is called siddhi, which implies attainment through spiritual ability.

      In other words, the level of one's magick is commensurate with their level of spiritual wakefulness - no wakefulness, no magick.

      What is magick?  G.I. Gurdjieff put an elephant to sleep from ten miles away?  The answer to that and more are in the book.  Every page will wow the reader.

      Be glad to discuss Freethought Magick/Spirituality on

      Vicente

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15 6:14 AM
        Looking forward to reading it.
        Great concept,and obviously a
        lot of energy and enthusiasm
        for the project.

        mc2<c is cooool. Lightening
        in a bottle.

        Jeff

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jvmarco"
        <jvmarco@...> wrote:

        > Actually, having spent the past 35 years researching the subject,
        I've
        > completed two books this year.
        >
        > My book 'Exploring Freethought Magick' is now available. Expect it
        to be
        > posted on amazon.com and available through Borders within a week.
        >
        > For a peek at the cover:
        > www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857
        > <http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857>
        >
        > My intent was to write the best, most accurate book on Freethought
        > Spirituality available, and feel I accomplished that goal.
        >
        > In the book Freethought Magick the word magick is defined:
        >
        > Magick: The art of producing a desired effect through intention.
        Magick
        > with a "k" differentiates the word from the sleight-of-hand,
        trickery
        > illusions of magic. The magick of the siddha's is called siddhi,
        which
        > implies attainment through spiritual ability.
        >
        > In other words, the level of one's magick is commensurate with their
        > level of spiritual wakefulness - no wakefulness, no magick.
        >
        > What is magick? G.I. Gurdjieff put an elephant to sleep from ten
        miles
        > away? The answer to that and more are in the book. Every page
        will wow
        > the reader.
        >
        > Be glad to discuss Freethought Magick/Spirituality on
        >
        > Vicente

      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15 2:24 PM
          I have a question on magick,
          Acording to Crowley, Magic is, to cause change in conformity by use of the Will.
          That being the case is Magick limited by the will of the individual combined by the colective will of other people???

          jvmarco <jvmarco@...> wrote:

[...]

          Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

        • jvmarco
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 15 2:53 PM
            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

            > I have a question on magick,
            > Acording to Crowley, Magic is, to cause change in conformity by
            use of the Will.
            > That being the case is Magick limited by the will of the
            individual combined by the colective will of other people???<

            The "will" of the Mahasiddhas and Bodhisattvas is in agreement with
            the higher collective will. That is to say, at the higher levels of
            realization, or uncovering from beliefs, one understands that the
            universe is not here for them, but that they are here for the
            universe.

            I would say that yes, self-consciousness always limits the
            manifestation of magick. Whereas magick in cooperation with ocean
            upon which our perceived iceberg floats has no limits other than the
            laws of duality.

            As for the personality that was Crowley, I tend to agree with
            Gurdjieff that Crowley didn't get it,...which is to say, his
            particular obscurations dulled a clear view of reality, as a
            flashlight pressed against the palm of the hand only extends a dim
            red glow, not the brilliant light inherent in us all.

            We are brighter than a thousand stars.

            In 1995, at Stanford University, physicists made two particles of
            matter by supercharging a trillion-watt laser through a linear
            accelerator. If they had access to all of our sun's power in one
            spot, there might have been enough power to make one ounce of matter.
            Thus, it would take more than a thousand stars to make the physical
            mass of a person. Even then, we are much grander than our physical
            vehicles.

            :)

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 15 4:25 PM
              Thanks
              I have posed this question to a few Magicians that I have met along the way and that was by far the most CLEAR answer