Re: New Videos of Swami Satchidananda

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007
      Yo Bob,

      Thanks. Always a delight
      listening to Swami Satchidananda.
      It is impossible not to burst out
      laughing watching him and his
      joyful spirit.

      Jeff

      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > So yesterday I'm talking with one of the nurses I work
      > with about food as she has discovered that her migraines,
      > skin rash, recent large weight loss and all around feeling
      > bad physically has been caused by a glutten allergy. She
      > now has to change her diet but is finding it really hard to
      > stop eating inappropriate food. I mentioned several things
      > I learned mainly from Swami Satchidananda about how the
      > tongue is the hardest sense to master, both for control
      > over your words as well as over what we eat, and several
      > other concepts about gaining control of your diet. So what
      > happens next is so common spiritually - when you are ready,
      > a teacher comes. When I got home I received email notice that
      > many new videos of Swamiji have been posted on Youtube and
      > several deal with eating and food. So I've emailed my nurse
      > friend about it and thought it a good thing to suggest
      > sharing here. In any event, it's a great opportunity to
      > see and hear a truly enlightened person in action, which
      > is a good thing that this high-tech age we live in affords
      > us. And it's much cheaper than air-fair to India! Here's
      > the URL of one of the video's, and that will lead to many more.
      > Enjoy!
      > * Sri Swami Satchidananda (Integral Yoga):You Are What You Eat
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MkwGTX0F_A&sdig=1

    • jvmarco
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
        During 1995-96 I lived in Yogaville and became an acquaintance of
        Gurudev (Swami Satchidananda). I wasn't a devotee, but lived at
        community house across from the ashram. About 6 days a week I would
        collect the ashrams organic refuse for composting. I also built a
        rather magical 9 circuit labyrinth in the woods where I was living.
        Gurudev would occasionally drive over in his little SUV a discuss my
        projects. I felt he enjoyed my company.

        Of course I would often go to satsang on Saturdays at the ashram and
        listen to his take on various subjects. Thought he was an exceptional
        fellow.

        :)
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
          "jvmarco" <jvmarco@...> wrote:

          > During 1995-96 I lived in Yogaville and became an acquaintance of
          > Gurudev (Swami Satchidananda). I wasn't a devotee, but lived at
          > community house across from the ashram. About 6 days a week I would
          > collect the ashrams organic refuse for composting. I also built a
          > rather magical 9 circuit labyrinth in the woods where I was living.
          > Gurudev would occasionally drive over in his little SUV a discuss my
          > projects. I felt he enjoyed my company.
          >
          > Of course I would often go to satsang on Saturdays at the ashram and
          > listen to his take on various subjects. Thought he was an exceptional
          > fellow.
          >
          > :)

          Yo Sri Jamesji,
          Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
          many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
          time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
          to get there from Philly. We would always have high
          expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
          amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
          and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
          quality (to put a G spin on this). The ride home would
          seem to only take a few moments, but the glow was very long
          lasting and felt like "...and they lived happily ever after".
          I already had a fairly good library of videos
          that were taken from those satsangs, but I'm glad that the
          Youtube clips are now available as they are short "trips"
          that are a joy-full reminder of those amazing satsang
          momentous moments. Thanks for relighting these pleasant
          memories and I wish you well with your new book and All
          and Everything.
          PS: For those who would like to know more about the
          full length satsang videos of Swami Satchidananda,
          please check this out:
          http://www.shakticom.org/
        • jvmarco
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 16, 2007
            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Yo Sri Jamesji,
            > Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
            > many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
            > time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
            > to get there from Philly. We would always have high
            > expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
            > amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
            > and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
            > quality (to put a G spin on this).

            For an even smaller universe,...I was born and raise in North Philly.

            Yes, the ashram has wonderful food, and great compostable left
            overs. Wonderful people too! I lived at the end of Liberty Lane.

            :)