The (Real) Secret

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2007
      "The spiritual path is itself a great secret. The
      little Japa that you do, the scriptures that you
      read, the audience that you hold and whatever you
      appear to be doing, is only an outer crust of the
      mystery of life. The mystery is finally in yourself.
      You yourself do not know who is goading you to think
      in this manner. That goading principle is the
      mystery. If you recognise this mystery within you
      which mystifies even your intelligence and your
      efforts, you will be humble, simple and small before
      God, because spiritual Sadhana is an art of becoming
      smaller and smaller. It is not to become bigger and
      bigger. A person becomes smaller and smaller as he
      approaches God, just as a candle flame becomes dimmer
      and dimmer as it goes nearer and nearer to the sun;
      and just before the sun, it is not there? You cannot
      see even its existence. It vanishes. Likewise, when
      we approach God, we become smaller and smaller,
      humbler and humbler, littler and littler, until we
      become nothing. In this nothingness, we will find God
      Himself filling us. When there is total emptiness
      created by an abolition of ourselves, in this
      emptiness or vacuum created, God fills Himself.
      'Empty thyself and I shall fill thee'-says Jesus
      Christ. The Mahaganapati Purana, the Ganapati
      Atharvasirsha Upanishad, the Ganesa Gita and several
      anecdotes occurring in the Mahabharata and the other
      Puranas glorify this aspect of the Supreme Almighty
      which requires our submission at His feet, and
      expects us to recognise Him as the sole power that
      can remove all obstacles on the path of the spiritual
      seeker towards the attainment of Godhead."
      Swami Krishnananda

      Swamiji was a desciple of Swami Sivananda. Much more
      about and by him can be found on this site:
      http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/
    • jvmarco
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2007

        Actually, having spent the past 35 years researching the subject, I've completed two books this year.

        My book 'Exploring Freethought Magick' is now available. Expect it to be posted on amazon.com and available through Borders within a week.

        For a peek at the cover:
        www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857

        My intent was to write the best, most accurate book on Freethought Spirituality available, and feel I accomplished that goal.

        In the book Freethought Magick the word magick is defined:

        Magick: The art of producing a desired effect through intention. Magick with a "k" differentiates the word from the sleight-of-hand, trickery illusions of magic. The magick of the siddha's is called siddhi, which implies attainment through spiritual ability.

        In other words, the level of one's magick is commensurate with their level of spiritual wakefulness - no wakefulness, no magick.

        What is magick?  G.I. Gurdjieff put an elephant to sleep from ten miles away?  The answer to that and more are in the book.  Every page will wow the reader.

        Be glad to discuss Freethought Magick/Spirituality on

        Vicente

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
          Looking forward to reading it.
          Great concept,and obviously a
          lot of energy and enthusiasm
          for the project.

          mc2<c is cooool. Lightening
          in a bottle.

          Jeff

          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jvmarco"
          <jvmarco@...> wrote:

          > Actually, having spent the past 35 years researching the subject,
          I've
          > completed two books this year.
          >
          > My book 'Exploring Freethought Magick' is now available. Expect it
          to be
          > posted on amazon.com and available through Borders within a week.
          >
          > For a peek at the cover:
          > www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857
          > <http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/view-item?item=20857>
          >
          > My intent was to write the best, most accurate book on Freethought
          > Spirituality available, and feel I accomplished that goal.
          >
          > In the book Freethought Magick the word magick is defined:
          >
          > Magick: The art of producing a desired effect through intention.
          Magick
          > with a "k" differentiates the word from the sleight-of-hand,
          trickery
          > illusions of magic. The magick of the siddha's is called siddhi,
          which
          > implies attainment through spiritual ability.
          >
          > In other words, the level of one's magick is commensurate with their
          > level of spiritual wakefulness - no wakefulness, no magick.
          >
          > What is magick? G.I. Gurdjieff put an elephant to sleep from ten
          miles
          > away? The answer to that and more are in the book. Every page
          will wow
          > the reader.
          >
          > Be glad to discuss Freethought Magick/Spirituality on
          >
          > Vicente

        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
            I have a question on magick,
            Acording to Crowley, Magic is, to cause change in conformity by use of the Will.
            That being the case is Magick limited by the will of the individual combined by the colective will of other people???

            jvmarco <jvmarco@...> wrote:

[...]

            Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

          • jvmarco
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
              <bethjams9@...> wrote:

              > I have a question on magick,
              > Acording to Crowley, Magic is, to cause change in conformity by
              use of the Will.
              > That being the case is Magick limited by the will of the
              individual combined by the colective will of other people???<

              The "will" of the Mahasiddhas and Bodhisattvas is in agreement with
              the higher collective will. That is to say, at the higher levels of
              realization, or uncovering from beliefs, one understands that the
              universe is not here for them, but that they are here for the
              universe.

              I would say that yes, self-consciousness always limits the
              manifestation of magick. Whereas magick in cooperation with ocean
              upon which our perceived iceberg floats has no limits other than the
              laws of duality.

              As for the personality that was Crowley, I tend to agree with
              Gurdjieff that Crowley didn't get it,...which is to say, his
              particular obscurations dulled a clear view of reality, as a
              flashlight pressed against the palm of the hand only extends a dim
              red glow, not the brilliant light inherent in us all.

              We are brighter than a thousand stars.

              In 1995, at Stanford University, physicists made two particles of
              matter by supercharging a trillion-watt laser through a linear
              accelerator. If they had access to all of our sun's power in one
              spot, there might have been enough power to make one ounce of matter.
              Thus, it would take more than a thousand stars to make the physical
              mass of a person. Even then, we are much grander than our physical
              vehicles.

              :)

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 15, 2007
                Thanks
                I have posed this question to a few Magicians that I have met along the way and that was by far the most CLEAR answer