New Videos of Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
      So yesterday I'm talking with one of the nurses I work
      with about food as she has discovered that her migraines,
      skin rash, recent large weight loss and all around feeling
      bad physically has been caused by a glutten allergy. She
      now has to change her diet but is finding it really hard to
      stop eating inappropriate food. I mentioned several things
      I learned mainly from Swami Satchidananda about how the
      tongue is the hardest sense to master, both for control
      over your words as well as over what we eat, and several
      other concepts about gaining control of your diet. So what
      happens next is so common spiritually - when you are ready,
      a teacher comes. When I got home I received email notice that
      many new videos of Swamiji have been posted on Youtube and
      several deal with eating and food. So I've emailed my nurse
      friend about it and thought it a good thing to suggest
      sharing here. In any event, it's a great opportunity to
      see and hear a truly enlightened person in action, which
      is a good thing that this high-tech age we live in affords
      us. And it's much cheaper than air-fair to India! Here's
      the URL of one of the video's, and that will lead to many more.
      Enjoy!
      * Sri Swami Satchidananda (Integral Yoga):You Are What You Eat
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MkwGTX0F_A&sdig=1
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 14, 2007
        Yo Bob,

        Thanks. Always a delight
        listening to Swami Satchidananda.
        It is impossible not to burst out
        laughing watching him and his
        joyful spirit.

        Jeff

        <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > So yesterday I'm talking with one of the nurses I work
        > with about food as she has discovered that her migraines,
        > skin rash, recent large weight loss and all around feeling
        > bad physically has been caused by a glutten allergy. She
        > now has to change her diet but is finding it really hard to
        > stop eating inappropriate food. I mentioned several things
        > I learned mainly from Swami Satchidananda about how the
        > tongue is the hardest sense to master, both for control
        > over your words as well as over what we eat, and several
        > other concepts about gaining control of your diet. So what
        > happens next is so common spiritually - when you are ready,
        > a teacher comes. When I got home I received email notice that
        > many new videos of Swamiji have been posted on Youtube and
        > several deal with eating and food. So I've emailed my nurse
        > friend about it and thought it a good thing to suggest
        > sharing here. In any event, it's a great opportunity to
        > see and hear a truly enlightened person in action, which
        > is a good thing that this high-tech age we live in affords
        > us. And it's much cheaper than air-fair to India! Here's
        > the URL of one of the video's, and that will lead to many more.
        > Enjoy!
        > * Sri Swami Satchidananda (Integral Yoga):You Are What You Eat
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MkwGTX0F_A&sdig=1

      • jvmarco
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
          During 1995-96 I lived in Yogaville and became an acquaintance of
          Gurudev (Swami Satchidananda). I wasn't a devotee, but lived at
          community house across from the ashram. About 6 days a week I would
          collect the ashrams organic refuse for composting. I also built a
          rather magical 9 circuit labyrinth in the woods where I was living.
          Gurudev would occasionally drive over in his little SUV a discuss my
          projects. I felt he enjoyed my company.

          Of course I would often go to satsang on Saturdays at the ashram and
          listen to his take on various subjects. Thought he was an exceptional
          fellow.

          :)
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 15, 2007
            "jvmarco" <jvmarco@...> wrote:

            > During 1995-96 I lived in Yogaville and became an acquaintance of
            > Gurudev (Swami Satchidananda). I wasn't a devotee, but lived at
            > community house across from the ashram. About 6 days a week I would
            > collect the ashrams organic refuse for composting. I also built a
            > rather magical 9 circuit labyrinth in the woods where I was living.
            > Gurudev would occasionally drive over in his little SUV a discuss my
            > projects. I felt he enjoyed my company.
            >
            > Of course I would often go to satsang on Saturdays at the ashram and
            > listen to his take on various subjects. Thought he was an exceptional
            > fellow.
            >
            > :)

            Yo Sri Jamesji,
            Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
            many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
            time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
            to get there from Philly. We would always have high
            expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
            amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
            and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
            quality (to put a G spin on this). The ride home would
            seem to only take a few moments, but the glow was very long
            lasting and felt like "...and they lived happily ever after".
            I already had a fairly good library of videos
            that were taken from those satsangs, but I'm glad that the
            Youtube clips are now available as they are short "trips"
            that are a joy-full reminder of those amazing satsang
            momentous moments. Thanks for relighting these pleasant
            memories and I wish you well with your new book and All
            and Everything.
            PS: For those who would like to know more about the
            full length satsang videos of Swami Satchidananda,
            please check this out:
            http://www.shakticom.org/
          • jvmarco
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 16, 2007
              <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Yo Sri Jamesji,
              > Small universe that it is, My wife Bette I also attended
              > many of the Saturday night satsangs before and after the
              > time you were living there, but for us it was a 7 hour ride
              > to get there from Philly. We would always have high
              > expectations and always they were exceeded. The food was
              > amazing and the warmth and love and wisdom Swamiji
              > and the devotees shared was of Most Holy Sun Absolute
              > quality (to put a G spin on this).

              For an even smaller universe,...I was born and raise in North Philly.

              Yes, the ashram has wonderful food, and great compostable left
              overs. Wonderful people too! I lived at the end of Liberty Lane.

              :)