Re: (fwd) Quote of the Day - 3/8/07

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

      > In alt.meditation.transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@...> wrote:

      > "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if
      it is
      > said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source.
      >
      > Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and
      > body and found it to be true.
      >
      > Work out your own path, through diligence."
      >
      > ~~ Buddha

      Yo Sri Bruceji,
      Thanks for sharing these (last) words of the Buddha.
      While reading them, I was listening to the Daily News
      Live show on Comcast and they had Darren Daulton on.
      As many know, he was the Phillies catcher for about 15
      years, and although an all-star baseball player, he was
      never know for his spirituality. As a matter of fact,
      he was well know for partying and getting busted for a
      DUI. He now is promoting a book he wrote that will be out
      next month titled "If They Only Knew". It turns out that
      he has become aware of higher states of consciousness, has
      been astral traveling, realizing his universal content and
      context, etc, and is sharing his experiences as he feels
      we all will be having them very soon (apparently relative
      to the 12/21/12 Mayan prophecy of the end of the world).
      So, keeping in mind the advice from the Buddha not to
      believe anything until we have explored it, etc, we can
      now add Sri Daulton to those who are pointing to "IT".
      Who would have guessed!
      For more info about the book:
      http://darrendaulton.com/If_They_Only_Knew.html
      PS: What I was trying to find on the Daily News show was
      more about Sri Trotter being a Buccaneer and how this
      event will affect the birds. Now that's real spirituality,
      cause since they released him I sure have been praying a lot!
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        Baseball has always been a spiritual metaphor
        Ask Jack Kerouac

        Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

        > In alt.meditation. transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@.. .> wrote:

        > "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if
        it is
        > said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source.
        >
        > Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and
        > body and found it to be true.
        >
        > Work out your own path, through diligence."
        >
        > ~~ Buddha

        Yo Sri Bruceji,
        Thanks for sharing these (last) words of the Buddha.
        While reading them, I was listening to the Daily News
        Live show on Comcast and they had Darren Daulton on.
        As many know, he was the Phillies catcher for about 15
        years, and although an all-star baseball player, he was
        never know for his spirituality. As a matter of fact,
        he was well know for partying and getting busted for a
        DUI. He now is promoting a book he wrote that will be out
        next month titled "If They Only Knew". It turns out that
        he has become aware of higher states of consciousness, has
        been astral traveling, realizing his universal content and
        context, etc, and is sharing his experiences as he feels
        we all will be having them very soon (apparently relative
        to the 12/21/12 Mayan prophecy of the end of the world).
        So, keeping in mind the advice from the Buddha not to
        believe anything until we have explored it, etc, we can
        now add Sri Daulton to those who are pointing to "IT".
        Who would have guessed!
        For more info about the book:
        http://darrendaulto n.com/If_ They_Only_ Knew.html
        PS: What I was trying to find on the Daily News show was
        more about Sri Trotter being a Buccaneer and how this
        event will affect the birds. Now that's real spirituality,
        cause since they released him I sure have been praying a lot!

      • idbeiyin
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
          <editor@...> wrote:

          > In alt.meditation.transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@...> wrote:
          >
          > "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if
          > it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired
          > source.
          > Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind
          > and body and found it to be true.
          > Work out your own path, through diligence."
          > ~~ Buddha

          With other words: It must be realized. But then it is not just a
          'belief'. It is not a concept or an adapted attitude. The real problem
          is that whatever is said, from an authority or any other source and in
          this case from Buddha, it will be made to a concept and this will act
          like a pseudo realization and is not different than any 'belief'. If
          all those wise people who had tried to share their wisdom would have
          known what people would make out of it, they probably would have shut
          up totally and only influence the world through their 'being' but not
          through their talking.
          BeiYin