(fwd) Quote of the Day - 3/8/07

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
      In alt.meditation.transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@...> wrote:

      "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is
      said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source.

      Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and
      body and found it to be true.

      Work out your own path, through diligence."

      ~~ Buddha
    • Ted
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
        <editor@...> wrote:

        > In alt.meditation.transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@...> wrote:
        >

        > "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if
        it is
        > said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source.
        >
        > Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and
        > body and found it to be true.
        >
        > Work out your own path, through diligence."
        >
        > ~~ Buddha

        Excellent! Thank you!
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2007
          Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

          > In alt.meditation.transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@...> wrote:

          > "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if
          it is
          > said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source.
          >
          > Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and
          > body and found it to be true.
          >
          > Work out your own path, through diligence."
          >
          > ~~ Buddha

          Yo Sri Bruceji,
          Thanks for sharing these (last) words of the Buddha.
          While reading them, I was listening to the Daily News
          Live show on Comcast and they had Darren Daulton on.
          As many know, he was the Phillies catcher for about 15
          years, and although an all-star baseball player, he was
          never know for his spirituality. As a matter of fact,
          he was well know for partying and getting busted for a
          DUI. He now is promoting a book he wrote that will be out
          next month titled "If They Only Knew". It turns out that
          he has become aware of higher states of consciousness, has
          been astral traveling, realizing his universal content and
          context, etc, and is sharing his experiences as he feels
          we all will be having them very soon (apparently relative
          to the 12/21/12 Mayan prophecy of the end of the world).
          So, keeping in mind the advice from the Buddha not to
          believe anything until we have explored it, etc, we can
          now add Sri Daulton to those who are pointing to "IT".
          Who would have guessed!
          For more info about the book:
          http://darrendaulton.com/If_They_Only_Knew.html
          PS: What I was trying to find on the Daily News show was
          more about Sri Trotter being a Buccaneer and how this
          event will affect the birds. Now that's real spirituality,
          cause since they released him I sure have been praying a lot!
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
            Baseball has always been a spiritual metaphor
            Ask Jack Kerouac

            Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

            > In alt.meditation. transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@.. .> wrote:

            > "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if
            it is
            > said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source.
            >
            > Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and
            > body and found it to be true.
            >
            > Work out your own path, through diligence."
            >
            > ~~ Buddha

            Yo Sri Bruceji,
            Thanks for sharing these (last) words of the Buddha.
            While reading them, I was listening to the Daily News
            Live show on Comcast and they had Darren Daulton on.
            As many know, he was the Phillies catcher for about 15
            years, and although an all-star baseball player, he was
            never know for his spirituality. As a matter of fact,
            he was well know for partying and getting busted for a
            DUI. He now is promoting a book he wrote that will be out
            next month titled "If They Only Knew". It turns out that
            he has become aware of higher states of consciousness, has
            been astral traveling, realizing his universal content and
            context, etc, and is sharing his experiences as he feels
            we all will be having them very soon (apparently relative
            to the 12/21/12 Mayan prophecy of the end of the world).
            So, keeping in mind the advice from the Buddha not to
            believe anything until we have explored it, etc, we can
            now add Sri Daulton to those who are pointing to "IT".
            Who would have guessed!
            For more info about the book:
            http://darrendaulto n.com/If_ They_Only_ Knew.html
            PS: What I was trying to find on the Daily News show was
            more about Sri Trotter being a Buccaneer and how this
            event will affect the birds. Now that's real spirituality,
            cause since they released him I sure have been praying a lot!

          • idbeiyin
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
              <editor@...> wrote:

              > In alt.meditation.transcendental, John Manning <jrobertm@...> wrote:
              >
              > "Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if
              > it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired
              > source.
              > Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind
              > and body and found it to be true.
              > Work out your own path, through diligence."
              > ~~ Buddha

              With other words: It must be realized. But then it is not just a
              'belief'. It is not a concept or an adapted attitude. The real problem
              is that whatever is said, from an authority or any other source and in
              this case from Buddha, it will be made to a concept and this will act
              like a pseudo realization and is not different than any 'belief'. If
              all those wise people who had tried to share their wisdom would have
              known what people would make out of it, they probably would have shut
              up totally and only influence the world through their 'being' but not
              through their talking.
              BeiYin