Re: [Meditation Society of America] The power of knowledge gives you an extra ed

  • surendra kumar
    Message 1 of 65 , Aug 27, 2007
      You are born in this world to do some good andnot to pass your days in idealness.If you are
      useless then you are a burden to this world.You must always to think of rising higher in goodne
      -ss or wisdom.Man is noblest living being.You will be abusing the previlage you have attaind if
       you are not worthy of the cause for which your merits have given you this high place.
          Man truely is a mind, and not just an body.And being a mind, he must be a thinker,since thin
      -king is the specific function of mind;  If does not know how to think as a man ,Then he is not a
       prefect man.
          Of all the infinity of beings in this universe . The human being is amongst a few species that
      have climbed the most in the up-hill travel to the summit of existence . We are near to summit
      and in one lap we may reach it.Even if we can not on to the direct and comfprtable route,trave
      -lling along which we can reach summit before long,and avoid the risk of having to fall back fro
      -m the heights we have already reached the human life.
           Our most urgent task,Therefore, is to ensure taht we donot fall below our present lpan of exi
      -stance and,for the perpose,we must comprehend the process of life and realize that each one
      is at the helm of his career.Each of us must realize that how to steer his life clear of lower exist
      -ance; he must understand the map and see that he keeps to the correct routes which will main
      -tain him a higher life and which wilkl ultimately lead him to his destination.
           Happiness and misery,which are the common lot of humanity, are the in viable efforts of so-
      me cause or causes.They are not rewards and punishments,assigned by a supernatural power
      to a soul that has done good or evil. The currents of life are always streaming in one direction .
      Man musy adopt himself tp this flow of life,and as a reward he can find complate harmony;.All
      of mans ill come from his crossing lifes currents.No man can cross the ocean in a sailing boat.
      by defying the winds; he must adjust his sail to use them.
           Foe the sake of matereal gain modern man does not listen to the voice of nature.His mental
      activities are o preoccupied with his future happiness that he neglects the needs of his physical
      body and entirely forgets the present moments for what it is worth . This unnatural behaviour of
      persent mankind is the immidiate of his wrong conceptions of worlds order of human life and
      its ultimate perpose . It is the cause of frustration, anxiety, fear and unsecurity of our time .One
      who really like to have to peace should not disturb other mans freedom.
           What are you hope for?What is the perpose of your life?Apparently a very few childrans ever
      thinks of asking themselves this question indeed many people will go through their whole lives
       from birth to death and it will never occur to them to consider the matter at all.The result is that
       there is no development at all. They have allowed every thing to happen to them insteed of they,themselves,making things happens for themselves.Only very few people have realised that
      the perpose of life is grouth,progress from ignorance top enlightenment and from unhappiness
      to happiness.

      Try the revolutionary next-gen Yahoo! Mail. Click here.
    • kumara_maniin
      Message 65 of 65 , Oct 10, 2007
        to state briefly man in india we call manushan.manas meaning
        mind.meditation aims at stilling the mind.by chanting one mantra and
        slowly driving out all other thoughts and finally the mantra also
        the mind becomes blank.having started TM thirty years back with a
        mantra,initially i felt euphoric and felt thats it.but slowly there
        was a feeling of dissatisfaction.i now feel mind is like any other
        organ like hand or feet or eyes or ears.since this mind is involved
        in almost all the sensory perceptions in recalling recollecting or
        in some way it has slowly become a master and has gone crazy acting
        without stop and trying to lead the person than just being an
        instrument.yes while we are able to use it constructively to
        analyse.judge conclude and plan we are helpless to switch it off
        when not required.the children do not think much.a butterfly chase
        can make them more happy than a great property.i think we have lost
        the ability to switch off the mind.now the gr88 question is
        fine...but how to switch off?in my opinion it is not that difficult
        either.from ecckhart tolles power of now,i realised always being
        focussed on anything that we are engaged at the moment...at this
        very moment..and bringing the mind constantly back to whatever we
        are doing now..( not asking for much isnt it?)..not thinking about
        the consequences or results or fretting about why we have not done
        this yesterday or any other thought interfering...just be
        here...now..100% is one thing.
        secondly when we are not doing anything ..just observing what our
        thoughts.mind is unable to think when looked at.
        the gap in thoughts could be only couple of seconds but it is a
        start..and i think ..as i read here earlier not seeking just
        watching.. watchingintently to catch a thought...
        mani

        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > Jeff ,
        > I have had many teachers in some most unlikely places. Most did
        not see themselves as such. The way of many teachers is the way of
        being open to all around you, and aware of the inate knowlege
        possed by many from all walks of life, there are truly wise sages
        amoungst us. What ever blockage I am currently feeling I have to
        work it out on my own. My reluctance to submit my will to anouther
        comes from the fact that I have met many charlotains as well as
        sages, A point in case I am a pretty smart dude and I could concoct
        some line of bull shit and even make myself believe it! even derive
        a sense of deep satifaction from it, then the next step I could
        affect a manner of speach in the style of David Carridine and walk
        around calmly despencing my knowlege. At this point I could even
        develope a fallowing, but I would not do that nor have it done to me!
        > But the great sages are out thier and I just have ro Tune My
        Dial Back In