Re: [Meditation Society of America] posted at /DrHawkinsDevotionalDiscussionGrou

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
      <editor@...> wrote:

      > David Hawkins lost any credibility
      > he might have had when he rated
      > the current American president's
      > integrity and/or spiritual state
      > very highly. No reflection on
      > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
      > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
      > himself spiritually radioactive.
      >
      > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
      > many moons ago, "Don't follow
      > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

      Yo Sri Bruceji,
      I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
      no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
      have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
      and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
      and delusional?:-)
      Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
      who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
      "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
      first opening in part to the doc's first book and
      has said that the following books helped cement the
      reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
      most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
      I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
      here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
      without any statements that are bush league:
      http://www.atman.net/realization/
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
        Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of psychoanalysis.  Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was a misogynistic cocaine addict.  Jung also made great changes and contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.

        --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Bruce Morgen
        <editor@...> wrote:

        > David Hawkins lost any credibility
        > he might have had when he rated
        > the current American president's
        > integrity and/or spiritual state
        > very highly. No reflection on
        > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
        > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
        > himself spiritually radioactive.
        >
        > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
        > many moons ago, "Don't follow
        > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

        Yo Sri Bruceji,
        I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
        no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
        have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
        and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
        and delusional?: -)
        Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
        who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
        "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
        first opening in part to the doc's first book and
        has said that the following books helped cement the
        reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
        most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
        I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
        here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
        without any statements that are bush league:
        http://www.atman. net/realization/

        Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

      • Bruce Morgen
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
          All seems quite dependent on
          the relative impact of "baby"
          vs. "bathwater," doesn't it?
          Both Freud and Jung were
          demonstrably innovative in
          the context of their times
          and field of endeavor -- imo
          Hawkins isn't even close to
          qualifying in that respect,
          so I'm not seeing much of a
          "baby" in/from him, but of
          course ymmv.

          sean tremblay wrote:
          > Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of
          > psychoanalysis. Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was
          > a misogynistic cocaine addict. Jung also made great changes and
          > contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I
          > suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.
          >
          > */medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>/* wrote:
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Morgen
          > <editor@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > David Hawkins lost any credibility
          > > he might have had when he rated
          > > the current American president's
          > > integrity and/or spiritual state
          > > very highly. No reflection on
          > > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
          > > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
          > > himself spiritually radioactive.
          > >
          > > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
          > > many moons ago, "Don't follow
          > > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"
          > >
          > Yo Sri Bruceji,
          > I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
          > no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
          > have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
          > and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
          > and delusional?:-)
          > Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
          > who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
          > "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
          > first opening in part to the doc's first book and
          > has said that the following books helped cement the
          > reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
          > most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
          > I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
          > here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
          > without any statements that are bush league:
          > http://www.atman.net/realization/ <http://www.atman.net/realization/>
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob
          > Peace and blessings,
          > Bob

        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
            I have not even read his stuff,  so I'm just going off of the thoughts of other readers.
            So if his work sucks anyway then so be it.