Re: [Meditation Society of America] posted at /DrHawkinsDevotionalDiscussionGroup

  • Bruce Morgen
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
      David Hawkins lost any credibility
      he might have had when he rated
      the current American president's
      integrity and/or spiritual state
      very highly. No reflection on
      ACIM as a tool in one's personal
      seeking, but from here Hawkins is
      himself spiritually radioactive.

      As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
      many moons ago, "Don't follow
      leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
        <editor@...> wrote:

        > David Hawkins lost any credibility
        > he might have had when he rated
        > the current American president's
        > integrity and/or spiritual state
        > very highly. No reflection on
        > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
        > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
        > himself spiritually radioactive.
        >
        > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
        > many moons ago, "Don't follow
        > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

        Yo Sri Bruceji,
        I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
        no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
        have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
        and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
        and delusional?:-)
        Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
        who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
        "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
        first opening in part to the doc's first book and
        has said that the following books helped cement the
        reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
        most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
        I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
        here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
        without any statements that are bush league:
        http://www.atman.net/realization/
      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
          Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of psychoanalysis.  Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was a misogynistic cocaine addict.  Jung also made great changes and contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.

          --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Bruce Morgen
          <editor@...> wrote:

          > David Hawkins lost any credibility
          > he might have had when he rated
          > the current American president's
          > integrity and/or spiritual state
          > very highly. No reflection on
          > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
          > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
          > himself spiritually radioactive.
          >
          > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
          > many moons ago, "Don't follow
          > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

          Yo Sri Bruceji,
          I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
          no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
          have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
          and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
          and delusional?: -)
          Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
          who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
          "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
          first opening in part to the doc's first book and
          has said that the following books helped cement the
          reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
          most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
          I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
          here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
          without any statements that are bush league:
          http://www.atman. net/realization/

          Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

        • Bruce Morgen
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
            All seems quite dependent on
            the relative impact of "baby"
            vs. "bathwater," doesn't it?
            Both Freud and Jung were
            demonstrably innovative in
            the context of their times
            and field of endeavor -- imo
            Hawkins isn't even close to
            qualifying in that respect,
            so I'm not seeing much of a
            "baby" in/from him, but of
            course ymmv.

            sean tremblay wrote:
            > Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of
            > psychoanalysis. Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was
            > a misogynistic cocaine addict. Jung also made great changes and
            > contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I
            > suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.
            >
            > */medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>/* wrote:
            >
            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Morgen
            > <editor@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > David Hawkins lost any credibility
            > > he might have had when he rated
            > > the current American president's
            > > integrity and/or spiritual state
            > > very highly. No reflection on
            > > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
            > > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
            > > himself spiritually radioactive.
            > >
            > > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
            > > many moons ago, "Don't follow
            > > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"
            > >
            > Yo Sri Bruceji,
            > I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
            > no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
            > have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
            > and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
            > and delusional?:-)
            > Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
            > who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
            > "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
            > first opening in part to the doc's first book and
            > has said that the following books helped cement the
            > reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
            > most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
            > I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
            > here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
            > without any statements that are bush league:
            > http://www.atman.net/realization/ <http://www.atman.net/realization/>
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob
            > Peace and blessings,
            > Bob

          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
              I have not even read his stuff,  so I'm just going off of the thoughts of other readers.
              So if his work sucks anyway then so be it.