Re: posted at /DrHawkinsDevotionalDiscussionGroup

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
      Yo Era,
      Good to hear/read from you. I think that Dr Hawkins is
      sharing elevating things and has a great depth of in-sight.
      As far as ACM, if one feels drawn to it I suggest actually
      reading it yourself and focusing on your own action/reaction
      rather than on someone else's take on what's there. This
      advice generally holds true for most traditions, but often
      there are people who have trod a specific path more intently
      and their experience can be of benefit. The problem is in
      finding those who want their pocketbook to benefit more
      than they care if their followers are benefiting spiritually.
      My take on Dr Hawkins is he cares greatly about helping
      others evolve. The group you referred to can be found at:
      BTW, I loved that story you shared recently and know that
      you have found many other gems of wisdom over the years and
      hope you will continue to share them here.
      "Era" <mi_nok@...> wrote:

      > What do you think ?
      > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      >
      > Dr. Hawkins and his recomendation to study A Course in Miracles
      >
      > After many years of 'searching' and a series of mystical experiences
      > that began at the age of three, the works of Dr. David Hawkins fell
      > into this lap.
      >
      > All of his books were read and re-read and never a day goes by when
      > something he shared in his writtings it not referrenced.
      >
      > Three years ago a visit to Sedona and a day of his seminar led this
      > writer to follow his suggestion to "Pick a spiritual discipline and
      > stick to it..." and one of the disciplines suggested was A Course in
      > Miracles.
      >
      > The Course is not for everyone and it isn't easy, because it
      > requires effort and consistancy in practice. But what it does,
      > is retrain the mind through persistant vigilance, and change
      > the automatic tendencies from judgement and condemnation to
      > forgiveness and compassion "for all life and all of its expressions."
      >
      > Thank you Doc
      > Love, Light and the peace of God

    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
        David Hawkins lost any credibility
        he might have had when he rated
        the current American president's
        integrity and/or spiritual state
        very highly. No reflection on
        ACIM as a tool in one's personal
        seeking, but from here Hawkins is
        himself spiritually radioactive.

        As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
        many moons ago, "Don't follow
        leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
          <editor@...> wrote:

          > David Hawkins lost any credibility
          > he might have had when he rated
          > the current American president's
          > integrity and/or spiritual state
          > very highly. No reflection on
          > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
          > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
          > himself spiritually radioactive.
          >
          > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
          > many moons ago, "Don't follow
          > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

          Yo Sri Bruceji,
          I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
          no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
          have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
          and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
          and delusional?:-)
          Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
          who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
          "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
          first opening in part to the doc's first book and
          has said that the following books helped cement the
          reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
          most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
          I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
          here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
          without any statements that are bush league:
          http://www.atman.net/realization/
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
            Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of psychoanalysis.  Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was a misogynistic cocaine addict.  Jung also made great changes and contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.

            --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Bruce Morgen
            <editor@...> wrote:

            > David Hawkins lost any credibility
            > he might have had when he rated
            > the current American president's
            > integrity and/or spiritual state
            > very highly. No reflection on
            > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
            > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
            > himself spiritually radioactive.
            >
            > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
            > many moons ago, "Don't follow
            > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

            Yo Sri Bruceji,
            I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
            no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
            have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
            and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
            and delusional?: -)
            Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
            who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
            "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
            first opening in part to the doc's first book and
            has said that the following books helped cement the
            reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
            most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
            I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
            here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
            without any statements that are bush league:
            http://www.atman. net/realization/

            Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

          • Bruce Morgen
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
              All seems quite dependent on
              the relative impact of "baby"
              vs. "bathwater," doesn't it?
              Both Freud and Jung were
              demonstrably innovative in
              the context of their times
              and field of endeavor -- imo
              Hawkins isn't even close to
              qualifying in that respect,
              so I'm not seeing much of a
              "baby" in/from him, but of
              course ymmv.

              sean tremblay wrote:
              > Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of
              > psychoanalysis. Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was
              > a misogynistic cocaine addict. Jung also made great changes and
              > contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I
              > suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.
              >
              > */medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>/* wrote:
              >
              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Morgen
              > <editor@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > David Hawkins lost any credibility
              > > he might have had when he rated
              > > the current American president's
              > > integrity and/or spiritual state
              > > very highly. No reflection on
              > > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
              > > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
              > > himself spiritually radioactive.
              > >
              > > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
              > > many moons ago, "Don't follow
              > > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"
              > >
              > Yo Sri Bruceji,
              > I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
              > no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
              > have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
              > and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
              > and delusional?:-)
              > Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
              > who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
              > "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
              > first opening in part to the doc's first book and
              > has said that the following books helped cement the
              > reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
              > most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
              > I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
              > here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
              > without any statements that are bush league:
              > http://www.atman.net/realization/ <http://www.atman.net/realization/>
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob

            • sean tremblay
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
                I have not even read his stuff,  so I'm just going off of the thoughts of other readers.
                So if his work sucks anyway then so be it.