posted at /DrHawkinsDevotionalDiscussionGroup

  • Era
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
      What do you think ?
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      Dr. Hawkins and his recomendation to study A Course in Miracles

      After many years of 'searching' and a series of mystical experiences
      that began at the age of three, the works of Dr. David Hawkins fell
      into this lap.

      All of his books were read and re-read and never a day goes by when
      something he shared in his writtings it not referrenced.

      Three years ago a visit to Sedona and a day of his seminar led this
      writer to follow his suggestion to "Pick a spiritual discipline and
      stick to it..." and one of the disciplines suggested was A Course in
      Miracles.

      The Course is not for everyone and it isn't easy, because it
      requires effort and consistancy in practice. But what it does,
      is retrain the mind through persistant vigilance, and change
      the automatic tendencies from judgement and condemnation to
      forgiveness and compassion "for all life and all of its expressions."

      Thank you Doc
      Love, Light and the peace of God
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
        Yo Era,
        Good to hear/read from you. I think that Dr Hawkins is
        sharing elevating things and has a great depth of in-sight.
        As far as ACM, if one feels drawn to it I suggest actually
        reading it yourself and focusing on your own action/reaction
        rather than on someone else's take on what's there. This
        advice generally holds true for most traditions, but often
        there are people who have trod a specific path more intently
        and their experience can be of benefit. The problem is in
        finding those who want their pocketbook to benefit more
        than they care if their followers are benefiting spiritually.
        My take on Dr Hawkins is he cares greatly about helping
        others evolve. The group you referred to can be found at:
        BTW, I loved that story you shared recently and know that
        you have found many other gems of wisdom over the years and
        hope you will continue to share them here.
        "Era" <mi_nok@...> wrote:

        > What do you think ?
        > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        >
        > Dr. Hawkins and his recomendation to study A Course in Miracles
        >
        > After many years of 'searching' and a series of mystical experiences
        > that began at the age of three, the works of Dr. David Hawkins fell
        > into this lap.
        >
        > All of his books were read and re-read and never a day goes by when
        > something he shared in his writtings it not referrenced.
        >
        > Three years ago a visit to Sedona and a day of his seminar led this
        > writer to follow his suggestion to "Pick a spiritual discipline and
        > stick to it..." and one of the disciplines suggested was A Course in
        > Miracles.
        >
        > The Course is not for everyone and it isn't easy, because it
        > requires effort and consistancy in practice. But what it does,
        > is retrain the mind through persistant vigilance, and change
        > the automatic tendencies from judgement and condemnation to
        > forgiveness and compassion "for all life and all of its expressions."
        >
        > Thank you Doc
        > Love, Light and the peace of God

      • Bruce Morgen
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
          David Hawkins lost any credibility
          he might have had when he rated
          the current American president's
          integrity and/or spiritual state
          very highly. No reflection on
          ACIM as a tool in one's personal
          seeking, but from here Hawkins is
          himself spiritually radioactive.

          As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
          many moons ago, "Don't follow
          leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2007
            <editor@...> wrote:

            > David Hawkins lost any credibility
            > he might have had when he rated
            > the current American president's
            > integrity and/or spiritual state
            > very highly. No reflection on
            > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
            > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
            > himself spiritually radioactive.
            >
            > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
            > many moons ago, "Don't follow
            > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

            Yo Sri Bruceji,
            I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
            no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
            have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
            and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
            and delusional?:-)
            Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
            who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
            "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
            first opening in part to the doc's first book and
            has said that the following books helped cement the
            reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
            most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
            I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
            here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
            without any statements that are bush league:
            http://www.atman.net/realization/
          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
              Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of psychoanalysis.  Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was a misogynistic cocaine addict.  Jung also made great changes and contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.

              --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, Bruce Morgen
              <editor@...> wrote:

              > David Hawkins lost any credibility
              > he might have had when he rated
              > the current American president's
              > integrity and/or spiritual state
              > very highly. No reflection on
              > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
              > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
              > himself spiritually radioactive.
              >
              > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
              > many moons ago, "Don't follow
              > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"

              Yo Sri Bruceji,
              I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
              no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
              have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
              and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
              and delusional?: -)
              Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
              who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
              "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
              first opening in part to the doc's first book and
              has said that the following books helped cement the
              reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
              most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
              I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
              here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
              without any statements that are bush league:
              http://www.atman. net/realization/

              Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

            • Bruce Morgen
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
                All seems quite dependent on
                the relative impact of "baby"
                vs. "bathwater," doesn't it?
                Both Freud and Jung were
                demonstrably innovative in
                the context of their times
                and field of endeavor -- imo
                Hawkins isn't even close to
                qualifying in that respect,
                so I'm not seeing much of a
                "baby" in/from him, but of
                course ymmv.

                sean tremblay wrote:
                > Parallels to this question can be drawn from the history of
                > psychoanalysis. Freud revolutionized psychiatric medicine, but he was
                > a misogynistic cocaine addict. Jung also made great changes and
                > contributions to psychology but he was an egotistical racist. So I
                > suppose this is one of those baby and bathwater scenarios.
                >
                > */medit8ionsociety <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>/* wrote:
                >
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Morgen
                > <editor@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > David Hawkins lost any credibility
                > > he might have had when he rated
                > > the current American president's
                > > integrity and/or spiritual state
                > > very highly. No reflection on
                > > ACIM as a tool in one's personal
                > > seeking, but from here Hawkins is
                > > himself spiritually radioactive.
                > >
                > > As Bhagavan Sri Bob Dylan Ji put it
                > > many moons ago, "Don't follow
                > > leaders, watch yer parkin' meters!"
                > >
                > Yo Sri Bruceji,
                > I don't know if that means that Dr Hawkins has
                > no credibility. Don't you agree that someone could
                > have integrity and/or a high spiritual state
                > and still be completely inept, dangerous, stupid,
                > and delusional?:-)
                > Semi-seriously, there is someone very close to me
                > who has (in my never humble enough opinion)
                > "Awakened" who attributes the doors of perception
                > first opening in part to the doc's first book and
                > has said that the following books helped cement the
                > reality firmly in place. For me, I do enjoy
                > most of what I've read of the doc, and the videos
                > I've seen of his lectures were delight-full, but
                > here's a web site that has plenty of good stuff
                > without any statements that are bush league:
                > http://www.atman.net/realization/ <http://www.atman.net/realization/>
                > Peace and blessings,
                > Bob
                > Peace and blessings,
                > Bob

              • sean tremblay
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 5, 2007
                  I have not even read his stuff,  so I'm just going off of the thoughts of other readers.
                  So if his work sucks anyway then so be it.