How Images Can Heal, Communicate, and Help Us Become Whole

  • starlingbooks
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 1941
           "A picture is literally worth a thousand words. My words can only come to you one at a time, but a picture enters the mind instantly. Transmitting a meaning through an image is really an amazing alternative to speaking. With images, you can communitcate more in less time, often with less misconception. Thinking in images is a function of the right side of the brain and brings a balance to the cognitive and logical process of the left side of the brain that we use almost all the time.

          Now, the levels of consciousness inside nature itself are so vast, there's no way we can understand or even see them all. But when to halves of an image, two halves of life, are created and seen as one, you can begin to see the sacred architecture of nature itself. Through visual meditations, it's possible that your psyche can begin to move through actual portals between the physical and the spiritual.

          What is amazing is that everyone who views these images http://www.starlingbooks.net/Gallery.htm  sees and expirences something different. What I see can be completely different than what you see. But that is the nature of these images. Just as in life, we all see and expirence something different and we often want to share and relate with others our thoughts, feelings, and even religious beliefs. These images seem to express all of that.

         Once viewing them, they immediately give us a certain feeling. Then logic comes in and we express what we think and feel. And then depending on what we personally see, whether they be angels, Buddhas, fairies, ancient Aztec temples, dragons or Egyptian gods, some sort of religious belief is expressed and even revealed.

         Why? Why does it just appear that way? Why does it seem like it's all here, in these pictures? I think that those answers are revealed within each image if we only choose to see it.

      So, if one picture is really worth a thousand words, then these images can also give merit to a thousand religions.

      They show us that all religions are, and should always be, of ultimate oneness...

      We all come from the same place.

      ...Therefore the process of deep self-reflection begins in the center of all life,
      between mind and heart."

      ~Lacy Ladd

      www.starlingbooks.net