A new Papaji book edited by David Godman

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007
      We recently received notice of this new book
      from David Godman who is commonly acknowledged to
      be the most knowledgeable author dealing with Ramana
      Maharshi's teachings. As some of you will remember
      David was kind enough to share some of his insights
      into this wisdom with us in the cover article of
      The Inner Traveler Vol 2 No 2 which can be seen at:
      http://www.meditationsociety.com/itv229064/index.html
      I feel that there is no doubt that this new book will further
      the potential for spiritual transformation and evolution
      that most of the members of this group seek. Here is the
      information about the book that we received. Enjoy!
      A new book of Papaji's teachings, published by
      Avadhuta Foundation and edited by David Godman,
      is now available. Entitled The Fire of Freedom,
      it comprises dialogues Papaji had with visitors
      in the middle of 1991. At that time Papaji was
      relatively unknown. Satsangs would take place in
      his living room in the suburbs of Lucknow, and
      about twelve to fifteen people would normally attend.
      In these conversations Papaji explains
      the practical teachings of his Master, Ramana Maharshi,
      in a simple and forceful way. As he engages his visitors
      in discussions about the nature of spiritual freedom and
      the means by which it can be discovered, he is always
      looking for an opportunity to take his questioners back
      to the source of their minds so that they can find out
      for themselves, by direct experience, what he is trying
      to show them. The first three pages of the book can be
      read here:
      http://www.davidgodman.org/books/fof_extract.pdf

      Published by Avadhuta Foundation
      PO Box 296,
      Boulder, CO 80306-0296
      USA

      Tel: Toll-Free in US: 877-AVADHUTA (877-282-3488)
      Tel: Internationally: 011-303-473-9295
      Fax: 720-565-3894
      Email: mail@...

      ISBN 978-09638022-6-2

      Pages 291, with fifteen extra pages of colour photos

      Price $18

      The book has been printed in Pondicherry,
      South India. Copies can be purchased immediately from
      David Godman's site
      (http://www.davidgodman.org/books/buybooks.shtml)
      where payment is by Paypal. Copies should reach
      most foreign destinations in 7-14 days.

      The book may also be purchased from the
      Avadhuta Foundation website:
      http://www.avadhuta.com/papajibooks.html#fire

      Customers residing in India can order
      from Satsang Bhavan, Lucknow. Contact details are
      as follows:

      Postal address: A306, Indira Nagar, Lucknow,
      226016, UP, India.
      Telephone: 0522-342884; 0522-352991
      Email: mail@...

      The book will be available from Satsang Bhavan
      around the middle of June. The book is also being
      distributed in India by Full Circle, New Delhi.