Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Facts of Life

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007
      I like it. Maybe...

      the fly gets annointed.

      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > fly in the ointment
      >
      > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: Interesting concept. Maybe
      in a "dialogue"
      > format - like we are doing here. Any title
      > suggestions?

      > <bethjams9@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thanks Aideen
      > >
      > > Aideen McKenna <aideenmck@> wrote: You know what
      > would be wonderful? Jeff Belyea & Sean Tremblay co-writing a book.
      > >
      > > Aideen
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > >
      > > From: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Jeff
> [...]
      > > > raise happy kids
      > > > do meaningfull work
      > > >
      > > > Jeff Belyea <jeff@> wrote:
      > > > Hi Sean -
      > > >
      > > > Yours is a reasonable response...
      > > > and it speaks to the difficulty -
      > > > or rather the impossibility of precise
      > > > communication between two different
      > > > levels of consciousness. (If you're
      > > > interested, David Hawkins' book
      > > > "Power vs Force" details his take
      > > > on levels of consciousness).
      > > >
      > > > The realization that "everything
      > > > works under one law" does not negate
      > > > free will, it elevates it. We can
      > > > still choose between a cheeseburger
      > > > and baked scallops, and exercise
      > > > free will on the mundane level -
      > > > the trance level, or the level
      > > > that we've been social coerced
      > > > to accept as "all there is".
      > > >
      > > > But when nondual realization (by
      > > > any other name - enlightenment) breaks
      > > > through, the personal ego gives way
      > > > to the notion that the reasonsable
      > > > and rational "self awareness" is...
      > > > all there is to being alive.
      > > >
      > > > (Here's where precision of language
      > > > begins to be impossible) Instead,
      > > > personal self awareness is seen
      > > > as a secondary or superficial awareness,
      > > > (even called illusory in most
      > > > eastern traditions)
      > > >
      > > > Enlightened Self Awareness is
      > > > something entirely different.
      > > >
      > > > Self Awareness (caps intentional)
      > > > shifts our perspective from being
      > > > an isolated and independent "thinker",
      > > > to a oneness or wholeness in which
      > > > we now know that we are an "aspect"
      > > > of a unified, peaceful, blissful,
      > > > eternal, field of consciousness.
      > > >
      > > > The personal ego necessarily
      > > > goes through the agony of complete
      > > > collapse - giving way to the new
      > > > realization that...hang on to your
      > > > hat...there is a power greater
      > > > than we are as individuals. And
      > > > this "power" is beyond anything
      > > > we formerly thought or imagined,
      > > > different from personal ego..yet
      > > > we are still a fully functional "part"
      > > > of this whole unified field.
      > > >
      > > > This realization brings incredible
      > > > joy and freedom - and enhanced
      > > > free will, without the "should I or
      > > > shouldn't I" internal chatter, that
      > > > trusts completely in what "Is".
      > > > And that translates to a completely
      > > > free life, freedom from fear and
      > > > doubt, and trust in one's own
      > > > judgment (free will), because it is
      > > > known that the choices are "guided"
      > > > within the context of the whole
      > > > of existence.
      > > >
      > > > Jeff
      > > >
      > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean
      tremblay

      > > awareness,
      > > > those are two qualities we posess for a reason

      > > > wrote: "Everything works under one law ... "Thy will be
      > > > done".

      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      > > > Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.
      > > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007
        Just for clarification:

        "Annointed" (usally spelled
        "anointed") is a combination
        word, meaning - annoyed and
        anointed.

        <jeff@...> wrote:

        > I like it. Maybe...
        >
        > the fly gets annointed.

        > <bethjams9@> wrote:
        > >
        > > fly in the ointment
        > >
        > > Jeff Belyea <jeff@> wrote: Interesting concept. Maybe
        > in a "dialogue"
        > > format - like we are doing here. Any title
        > > suggestions?
        > >
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay
        > > <bethjams9@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Thanks Aideen
        > > >
        > > > Aideen McKenna <aideenmck@> wrote: You know what
        > > would be wonderful? Jeff Belyea & Sean Tremblay co-writing a book.
        > > >
        > > > Aideen
        > > >

        > > > ---------------------------------
        > > >
        > > > From: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com

      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007
          I dig it,  maybe there's a publisher in the chat group

          Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
          Just for clarification:

          "Annointed" (usally spelled
          "anointed") is a combination
          word, meaning - annoyed and
          anointed.

          --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
          <jeff@...> wrote:

          > I like it. Maybe...
          >
          > the fly gets annointed.
          >
          > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, sean tremblay
          > <bethjams9@> wrote:
          > >
          > > fly in the ointment
          > >
          > > Jeff Belyea <jeff@> wrote: Interesting concept. Maybe
          > in a "dialogue"
          > > format - like we are doing here. Any title
          > > suggestions?
          > >
          > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, sean tremblay
          > > <bethjams9@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Thanks Aideen
          > > >
          > > > Aideen McKenna <aideenmck@> wrote: You know what
          > > would be wonderful? Jeff Belyea & Sean Tremblay co-writing a book.
          > > >
          > > > Aideen
          > > >

          > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          > > >
          > > > From: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com

          Got a little couch potato?

        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007
            Sean - I have a publisher. Email me
            privately and we'll work out the details.

            jeff@...

            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

            > I dig it, maybe there's a publisher in the chat group
            >
            > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: Just for clarification:
            >
            > "Annointed" (usally spelled
            > "anointed") is a combination
            > word, meaning - annoyed and
            > anointed.

            > <jeff@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I like it. Maybe...
            > >
            > > the fly gets annointed.
            > >
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean tremblay
            > > <bethjams9@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > fly in the ointment
            > > >
            > > > Jeff Belyea <jeff@> wrote: Interesting concept. Maybe
            > > in a "dialogue"
            > > > format - like we are doing here. Any title
            > > > suggestions?
            > > >
            > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, sean
            tremblay

            > > > would be wonderful? Jeff Belyea & Sean Tremblay co-writing a
            book.

            > > > [mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
            Of
            > > Jeff
            > > > Belyea

            > tremblay

            > know
            > > > expresion
            > and
            > > of
            > > > important
            > in
            > > and
            > Davis
            > > or
            > > the
            > it's
            > > > bit "Willfull"
            > problem
            > all
            > bomb
            > > it
            > > > be
            > by
            > > > it
            > > land
            > > > of
            > > board.
            But
            > > what
            > sake
            > > of
            > > person
            > > enlightenment
            > because
            > > > the
            > > does
            So
            > without
            > do
            > > delusional.

            > > tremblay

            > someone
            > > > who knows.
            > > > >

            > > > ---------------------------------
            > > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers,
            not
            > > web links.
            > > >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Got a little couch potato?

          • Aideen McKenna
            Message 5 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007

              When you two are on “Oprah” discussing your smash about-to-be-a-movie bestseller, remember to mention that what got it started was a suggestion from some elderly Canadian lady.

              privately and we'll work out the details.

              jeff@mindgoal. com

              <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

              > I dig it, maybe there's a publisher in the chat group
              >
              > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: Just for clarification:
              >
              > "Annointed" (usally spelled
              > "anointed") is a combination
              > word, meaning - annoyed and
              > anointed.
              >
              > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
              "Jeff Belyea"
              > <jeff@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I like it. Maybe...
              > >
              > > the fly gets annointed.
              > >
              > > --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com,
              sean tremblay
              > > <bethjams9@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > fly in the ointment
              > > >
              > > > Jeff Belyea <jeff@> wrote: Interesting concept. Maybe
              > > in a "dialogue"
              > > > format - like we are doing here. Any title
              > > > suggestions?
              > > >
              > > > --- In
              href="mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com">meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, sean
              tremblay

              > > > would be wonderful? Jeff Belyea & Sean Tremblay co-writing a
              book.

              href="mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com">meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
              > > > [mailto:
              href="mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com">meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com] On Behalf
              Of
              > > Jeff
              > > > Belyea
              href="mailto:meditationsocietyofamerica%40yahoogroups.com">meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com
              w:st="on"> America ] The Facts of Life

              href="mailto:no_reply%40yahoogroups.com">no_reply@yahoogroup s.com>
              "Thy will be

              > someone
              > > > who knows.
              > > > >

              > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers,
              not
              > > web links.
              > > >

              > ------------ --------- --------- ---
              > Got a little couch potato?

            • Jeff Belyea
              Message 6 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007
                You bet. I like your vision.
                How about, "A suggestion from
                a visionary Canadian lady".

                Sean is in Maine (close to Canada),
                and I'm in Florida (close to Paradise).

                Thanks,

                Jeff

                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Aideen McKenna"
                <aideenmck@...> wrote:

                > When you two are on "Oprah" discussing your smash about-to-be-a-
                movie
                > bestseller, remember to mention that what got it started was a
                suggestion
                > from some elderly Canadian lady.
                >

                > _____

              • Aideen McKenna
                Message 7 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007

                  You’re both close to Paradise , in more than one respect.

                  “Visionary” does have a nicer ring than “elderly”, for some reason.

                  <aideenmck@. ..> wrote:

                  > When you two are on "Oprah" discussing your smash about-to-be- a-
                  movie
                  > bestseller, remember to mention that what got it started was a
                  suggestion
                  > from some elderly Canadian lady.
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com

                  sean tremblay
                  > <bethjams9@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I dig it, maybe there's a publisher in the chat group
                  > >
                  > > Jeff Belyea <jeff@> wrote: Just for clarification:
                  > >
                  > > "Annointed" (usally spelled
                  > > "anointed") is a combination
                  > > word, meaning - annoyed and
                  > > anointed.
                  > >
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyof
                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com,
                  "Jeff Belyea"
                  > > <jeff@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I like it. Maybe...
                  > > >
                  > > > the fly gets annointed.
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In meditationsocietyof
                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com,
                  sean tremblay

                  > > > in a "dialogue"

                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com,
                  sean
                  > tremblay

                  > book.

                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com
                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com]
                  On Behalf
                  > Of
                  > > > Jeff
                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com
                  w:st="on"> America ] The Facts of
                  Life

                  of Philosophy ". Your writing

                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com,
                  sean
                  > > tremblay

                  saying, I
                  also
                  > > know
                  > been
                  "Individuality" and
                  the "Soul"
                  > > and
                  > > > of
                  > animal
                  > > in
                  > manifest
                  > > > and
                  Miles
                  > > Davis
                  > > > or
                  > believe
                  > > > the
                  time I sound
                  crass
                  > > it's
                  The
                  > > problem
                  statement
                  is
                  > > all
                  > > bomb
                  > same
                  > let
                  > > > it
                  nor
                  did
                  > > by
                  into
                  the
                  > > > land
                  you
                  are
                  I'm
                  on
                  > > > board.
                  > But
                  > > > what
                  > > sake
                  > > > of
                  > > > person
                  > > > enlightenment
                  > > because
                  > language
                  > > > does
                  > So
                  > > without
                  I for
                  one
                  > > do
                  > > > delusional.

                  > <mailto:meditations ocietyofamerica% 40yahoogroups. com>
                  > america@yahoogroups .com,
                  sean

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007
                    I am from Maine but I currently reside in Williamsburg Virginia,  I consider myself an expatriot and on government forms I check the "other" block and write in Mainer as my nationality and country of origin.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 1, 2007

                      I’m originally from Montreal , Quebec , where the name “Tremblay” was, for many years, the one that filled the most columns in the phone directory.

                      I’ve now lived on the west coast for more years than I was in Quebec , & I docilely fill in “Canadian”.  However … Quebec sometimes rather ferociously tries to separate & I can’t help but wish them well.  I’ll always feel homesick for the place.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Jun 2, 2007
                        My Grandfather Rene augustas Tremblay came from Quebec city and settled in Cape Elizebeth Maine in the late 30's.  According to family legend all Tremblay's decend from one Peirre Tremblay, who apperently was a very busy man when he arrived in Canada in the late 1600's.

                        <aideenmck@. ..> wrote:

                        > When you two are on "Oprah" discussing your smash about-to-be- a-
                        movie
                        > bestseller, remember to mention that what got it started was a
                        suggestion
                        > from some elderly Canadian lady.
                        >

                        > _____

                        always stay connected to friends.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Apr 14, 2014

                          The Facts of Life

                          Your vision, hearing, smelling, tasting and touch will all end. Every cell in your body will dissolve. All your feelings will end as will all of your thoughts. It will happen to everyone and everything. It is literally sense-less to focus your attention on these temporary things.

                          Meditate and witness the ever-present and unending. Now, and happily ever-after.

                          Kir Li Molari

                        • dan330033

                              Message 14 of 26 , Apr 18, 2014
                                Yes!

                                This present involves no time.

                                So, it includes everything we conventionally call "past" and "future."

                                The doesn't mean I know everything that ever happened or will happen.

                                It means that I don't know anything, and don't need to.

                                :-)

                                Swami Satchitananda would approve, as this not-knowing-anything doesn't seem to be harming my health - at least what's left of it ...  :-)