Re: [Meditation Society of America] Seeking Info On Meditation & Soil Study ? Is there such a thing ?

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2007
      I would say any activity that a person does that requires devotion, planning and patience would have a meditative affect. Especialy tending to things in nature, things that grow. My Grandpa Harvey liked to refer to himself as a "Son of the Soil" he also claims that growing his own vegitables has kept him alive and strong well into his 90's. He said "out of the dust of the earth you were made, into the dust of the earth you shall return" He says mother nature is a formula that you cannot change and all the trace elements of the earth are required to nurish you.  He also said there is no better exercise than hard work.
      "Those that work the soil are truly Gods chosen people" Thomas Jefferson

      Charles Snow <AWayOfLifeMyPathWorthyOfLaundry@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone out there in MeditationSocietyOf America Land !!

      A few months ago, I'd read a brief news snipped in some newspaper
      about a "Soil Study" or a comprehensive "Study Of Soil" which
      produced results which basically said that those who deal with soil
      on a regular basis, such as gardeners, have physical & chemical
      characteristics similar, if not identical, to persons who have
      practiced Meditation on a regular basis...

      Has anyone read this article, or anything of that nature ? Now that
      I'm trying to find it again OnLine, I'm hitting a huge abyss of
      fragmented WebSites which aren't the exact news item I'd seen a few
      months ago.

      I'd greatly welcome any ideas, or even if anyone has heard of this so-
      called study...

      Thanks a million !!

      -- Charles Snow
      Atlanta, Georgia