Re: [Meditation Society of America] From Ralph Waldo Emerson...

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2007
      Fantastic

      Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:
      ...via prominent guru skeptic
      Christopher Calder on
      <alt.meditation> :

      "We live in succession, in division, in parts, in particles. Meantime
      within man is the soul of the whole; the wise silence; the universal
      beauty, to which every part and particle is equally related, the
      eternal ONE. And this deep power in which we exist and whose
      beatitude is all accessible to us, is not only self-sufficing and
      perfect in every hour, but the act of seeing and the thing seen, the
      seer and the spectacle, the subject and the object, are one. We see
      the world piece by piece, as the sun, the moon, the animal, the tree;
      but the whole, of which these are shining parts, is the soul."

      Excerpt from The Over-Soul, by Ralph Waldo Emerson, first published in
      1841.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.