Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: How could we find how much far away from enlightenment

  • sean tremblay
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20 3:50 PM
      There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out, but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
      Eat good food
      do meaningfull work
      fall in love
      raise happy kids
      the rest is either honey or vinigar

      Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "armaanwithu"
      <armaanwithu@ ...> wrote:

      > Dear meditators,
      >
      > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
      > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
      elightenment.
      > Is any elightened person told us.

      Armaan -

      Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
      enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
      to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
      many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
      you have questions, you are still attempting to
      "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
      be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
      and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
      requires a surrender of all questions.

      This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
      Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
      surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

      This is also hard to understand - that we must give
      up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
      of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
      seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
      journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
      in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
      a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
      tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
      known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

      Jeff

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21 6:01 AM
        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out,
        but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
        > Eat good food
        > do meaningfull work
        > fall in love
        > raise happy kids
        > the rest is either honey or vinigar

        More thoughts on What IT is and what "to do":

        There is no hope in your body surviving death,
        nor your emotions or your thoughts. The only
        possibility you have for eternal life is in
        the awareness that has been present in some
        form or other snce your conception. When you
        die, you will be liberated from the 5 sense
        trap you/we are in and will be free to know first
        hand your infinite, eternal, blissful true
        nature. The awareness that becomes available
        is that of all the sentient and insentient
        things on Mother Earth, all the awareness of
        Grandmother Solar System, all the awareness
        of GreatGrandmother Milky Way, all the awareness
        of GreatGreatGrandmother Galactic Cluster, all
        the awareness of GreatGreatGreatGrandmother
        Universe and all the awareness of the source of
        this and every Universe. And this depends on
        your personal stage of spiritual evolution.
        Those who are at this stage in evolution and
        still in the human body are vehicles here to
        point the way to Realization. Pay attention to
        them. Even if you can't identify them, their
        seeds will be planted in your heart and they
        will nourish your spiritual garden so it may
        grow and flourish. So, by reading and going
        to see those who may have the possibility of
        "having figured IT out" at the very least may
        have the possibility of evolving the you who
        says "I am" when asked "who's there" to the
        you who knows they are "I AM". And probably
        most important to help your potential for evolution
        is Meditation. There is no better way to open
        to your True nature. Unlike Sandeep and Papajeff's,
        all of what has just been said could be worthless
        and just "Words, Words, Words!", but my confidence
        in the concept that Consciousness/Awareness is the
        only thing you can have hope in is not said in
        jest, but I think like theirs, with the aim and
        the hope and prayer for the Grace of Realization
        to awaken the real I/eye in every being everywhere.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21 2:27 PM
          Hey Bob, I like that

          <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

> [...]

          > you have questions, you are still attempting to
          > "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
          > be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
          > and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
          > requires a surrender of all questions.
          >
          > This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
          > Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
          > surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.
          >
          > This is also hard to understand - that we must give
          > up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
          > of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
          > seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
          > journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
          > in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
          > a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
          > tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
          > known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

        • bandarakapukotuwa
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 27 1:13 AM
            <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

            > Dear meditators,
            >
            > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
            > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from elightenment.
            > Is any elightened person told us.

            you can't measure it. as you know it's not a simple procces. you can
            undestand it with the time. actually it's a natural process.you should
            give up every thing with mentally not a physically.