Re: How could we find how much far away from enlightenment

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2007
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "armaanwithu"
      <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

      > Dear meditators,
      >
      > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
      > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
      elightenment.
      > Is any elightened person told us.

      Armaan -

      Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
      enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
      to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
      many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
      you have questions, you are still attempting to
      "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
      be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
      and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
      requires a surrender of all questions.

      This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
      Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
      surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

      This is also hard to understand - that we must give
      up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
      of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
      seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
      journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
      in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
      a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
      tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
      known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

      Jeff
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20, 2007
        There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out, but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
        Eat good food
        do meaningfull work
        fall in love
        raise happy kids
        the rest is either honey or vinigar

        <armaanwithu@ ...> wrote:

        > Dear meditators,
        >
        > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
        > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
        elightenment.
        > Is any elightened person told us.

        Armaan -

        Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
        enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
        to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
        many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
        you have questions, you are still attempting to
        "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
        be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
        and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
        requires a surrender of all questions.

        This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
        Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
        surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

        This is also hard to understand - that we must give
        up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
        of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
        seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
        journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
        in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
        a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
        tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
        known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

        Jeff

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2007
          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out,
          but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
          > Eat good food
          > do meaningfull work
          > fall in love
          > raise happy kids
          > the rest is either honey or vinigar

          More thoughts on What IT is and what "to do":

          There is no hope in your body surviving death,
          nor your emotions or your thoughts. The only
          possibility you have for eternal life is in
          the awareness that has been present in some
          form or other snce your conception. When you
          die, you will be liberated from the 5 sense
          trap you/we are in and will be free to know first
          hand your infinite, eternal, blissful true
          nature. The awareness that becomes available
          is that of all the sentient and insentient
          things on Mother Earth, all the awareness of
          Grandmother Solar System, all the awareness
          of GreatGrandmother Milky Way, all the awareness
          of GreatGreatGrandmother Galactic Cluster, all
          the awareness of GreatGreatGreatGrandmother
          Universe and all the awareness of the source of
          this and every Universe. And this depends on
          your personal stage of spiritual evolution.
          Those who are at this stage in evolution and
          still in the human body are vehicles here to
          point the way to Realization. Pay attention to
          them. Even if you can't identify them, their
          seeds will be planted in your heart and they
          will nourish your spiritual garden so it may
          grow and flourish. So, by reading and going
          to see those who may have the possibility of
          "having figured IT out" at the very least may
          have the possibility of evolving the you who
          says "I am" when asked "who's there" to the
          you who knows they are "I AM". And probably
          most important to help your potential for evolution
          is Meditation. There is no better way to open
          to your True nature. Unlike Sandeep and Papajeff's,
          all of what has just been said could be worthless
          and just "Words, Words, Words!", but my confidence
          in the concept that Consciousness/Awareness is the
          only thing you can have hope in is not said in
          jest, but I think like theirs, with the aim and
          the hope and prayer for the Grace of Realization
          to awaken the real I/eye in every being everywhere.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21, 2007
            Hey Bob, I like that

            <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

> [...]

            > you have questions, you are still attempting to
            > "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
            > be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
            > and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
            > requires a surrender of all questions.
            >
            > This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
            > Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
            > surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.
            >
            > This is also hard to understand - that we must give
            > up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
            > of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
            > seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
            > journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
            > in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
            > a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
            > tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
            > known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

          • bandarakapukotuwa
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 27, 2007
              <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

              > Dear meditators,
              >
              > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
              > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from elightenment.
              > Is any elightened person told us.

              you can't measure it. as you know it's not a simple procces. you can
              undestand it with the time. actually it's a natural process.you should
              give up every thing with mentally not a physically.