Re: [Meditation Society of America] How could we find how much far away from enlightenment

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20 6:00 AM

      armaanwithu wrote:

      Dear meditators,

      Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
      anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from elightenment.

      So long this question exists and persists...............Andromeda galaxy is closer than enlightenment

      __._,_.__
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20 7:07 AM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "armaanwithu"
        <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

        > Dear meditators,
        >
        > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
        > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
        elightenment.
        > Is any elightened person told us.

        Armaan -

        Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
        enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
        to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
        many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
        you have questions, you are still attempting to
        "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
        be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
        and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
        requires a surrender of all questions.

        This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
        Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
        surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

        This is also hard to understand - that we must give
        up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
        of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
        seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
        journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
        in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
        a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
        tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
        known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

        Jeff
      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20 3:50 PM
          There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out, but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
          Eat good food
          do meaningfull work
          fall in love
          raise happy kids
          the rest is either honey or vinigar

          <armaanwithu@ ...> wrote:

          > Dear meditators,
          >
          > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
          > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
          elightenment.
          > Is any elightened person told us.

          Armaan -

          Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
          enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
          to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
          many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
          you have questions, you are still attempting to
          "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
          be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
          and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
          requires a surrender of all questions.

          This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
          Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
          surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

          This is also hard to understand - that we must give
          up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
          of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
          seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
          journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
          in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
          a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
          tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
          known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

          Jeff

          Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21 6:01 AM
            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

            > There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out,
            but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
            > Eat good food
            > do meaningfull work
            > fall in love
            > raise happy kids
            > the rest is either honey or vinigar

            More thoughts on What IT is and what "to do":

            There is no hope in your body surviving death,
            nor your emotions or your thoughts. The only
            possibility you have for eternal life is in
            the awareness that has been present in some
            form or other snce your conception. When you
            die, you will be liberated from the 5 sense
            trap you/we are in and will be free to know first
            hand your infinite, eternal, blissful true
            nature. The awareness that becomes available
            is that of all the sentient and insentient
            things on Mother Earth, all the awareness of
            Grandmother Solar System, all the awareness
            of GreatGrandmother Milky Way, all the awareness
            of GreatGreatGrandmother Galactic Cluster, all
            the awareness of GreatGreatGreatGrandmother
            Universe and all the awareness of the source of
            this and every Universe. And this depends on
            your personal stage of spiritual evolution.
            Those who are at this stage in evolution and
            still in the human body are vehicles here to
            point the way to Realization. Pay attention to
            them. Even if you can't identify them, their
            seeds will be planted in your heart and they
            will nourish your spiritual garden so it may
            grow and flourish. So, by reading and going
            to see those who may have the possibility of
            "having figured IT out" at the very least may
            have the possibility of evolving the you who
            says "I am" when asked "who's there" to the
            you who knows they are "I AM". And probably
            most important to help your potential for evolution
            is Meditation. There is no better way to open
            to your True nature. Unlike Sandeep and Papajeff's,
            all of what has just been said could be worthless
            and just "Words, Words, Words!", but my confidence
            in the concept that Consciousness/Awareness is the
            only thing you can have hope in is not said in
            jest, but I think like theirs, with the aim and
            the hope and prayer for the Grace of Realization
            to awaken the real I/eye in every being everywhere.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21 2:27 PM
              Hey Bob, I like that

              <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

> [...]

              > you have questions, you are still attempting to
              > "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
              > be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
              > and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
              > requires a surrender of all questions.
              >
              > This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
              > Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
              > surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.
              >
              > This is also hard to understand - that we must give
              > up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
              > of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
              > seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
              > journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
              > in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
              > a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
              > tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
              > known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

            • bandarakapukotuwa
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 27 1:13 AM
                <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

                > Dear meditators,
                >
                > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
                > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from elightenment.
                > Is any elightened person told us.

                you can't measure it. as you know it's not a simple procces. you can
                undestand it with the time. actually it's a natural process.you should
                give up every thing with mentally not a physically.