How could we find how much far away from enlightenment

  • armaanwithu
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2007
      Dear meditators,

      Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
      anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from elightenment.
      Is any elightened person told us.
    • Sandeep
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20, 2007

        armaanwithu wrote:

        Dear meditators,

        Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
        anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from elightenment.

        So long this question exists and persists...............Andromeda galaxy is closer than enlightenment

        __._,_.__
      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20, 2007
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "armaanwithu"
          <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

          > Dear meditators,
          >
          > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
          > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
          elightenment.
          > Is any elightened person told us.

          Armaan -

          Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
          enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
          to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
          many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
          you have questions, you are still attempting to
          "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
          be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
          and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
          requires a surrender of all questions.

          This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
          Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
          surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

          This is also hard to understand - that we must give
          up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
          of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
          seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
          journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
          in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
          a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
          tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
          known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

          Jeff
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 20, 2007
            There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out, but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
            Eat good food
            do meaningfull work
            fall in love
            raise happy kids
            the rest is either honey or vinigar

            <armaanwithu@ ...> wrote:

            > Dear meditators,
            >
            > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
            > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from
            elightenment.
            > Is any elightened person told us.

            Armaan -

            Your question shows impatience. You cannot seek
            enlightenment with impatience. You must be willing
            to commit to the path for an entire lifetime (or
            many lifetimes) with absolute patience. As long as
            you have questions, you are still attempting to
            "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
            be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
            and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
            requires a surrender of all questions.

            This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
            Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
            surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.

            This is also hard to understand - that we must give
            up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
            of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
            seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
            journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
            in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
            a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
            tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
            known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

            Jeff

            Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21, 2007
              <bethjams9@...> wrote:

              > There are a few out there who will tell you they got it figured out,
              but how do we know who has if we don't know what IT is.
              > Eat good food
              > do meaningfull work
              > fall in love
              > raise happy kids
              > the rest is either honey or vinigar

              More thoughts on What IT is and what "to do":

              There is no hope in your body surviving death,
              nor your emotions or your thoughts. The only
              possibility you have for eternal life is in
              the awareness that has been present in some
              form or other snce your conception. When you
              die, you will be liberated from the 5 sense
              trap you/we are in and will be free to know first
              hand your infinite, eternal, blissful true
              nature. The awareness that becomes available
              is that of all the sentient and insentient
              things on Mother Earth, all the awareness of
              Grandmother Solar System, all the awareness
              of GreatGrandmother Milky Way, all the awareness
              of GreatGreatGrandmother Galactic Cluster, all
              the awareness of GreatGreatGreatGrandmother
              Universe and all the awareness of the source of
              this and every Universe. And this depends on
              your personal stage of spiritual evolution.
              Those who are at this stage in evolution and
              still in the human body are vehicles here to
              point the way to Realization. Pay attention to
              them. Even if you can't identify them, their
              seeds will be planted in your heart and they
              will nourish your spiritual garden so it may
              grow and flourish. So, by reading and going
              to see those who may have the possibility of
              "having figured IT out" at the very least may
              have the possibility of evolving the you who
              says "I am" when asked "who's there" to the
              you who knows they are "I AM". And probably
              most important to help your potential for evolution
              is Meditation. There is no better way to open
              to your True nature. Unlike Sandeep and Papajeff's,
              all of what has just been said could be worthless
              and just "Words, Words, Words!", but my confidence
              in the concept that Consciousness/Awareness is the
              only thing you can have hope in is not said in
              jest, but I think like theirs, with the aim and
              the hope and prayer for the Grace of Realization
              to awaken the real I/eye in every being everywhere.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 21, 2007
                Hey Bob, I like that

                <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

> [...]

                > you have questions, you are still attempting to
                > "figure out" enlightenment in advance. That cannot
                > be done. Enlightenment is beyond the rational mind
                > and linear way of thought. To even approach enlightenment
                > requires a surrender of all questions.
                >
                > This is a delicate balance that few are able to achieve.
                > Often it only comes when one is deparate enough to
                > surrender all expectation and even the seeking itself.
                >
                > This is also hard to understand - that we must give
                > up the seeking. It is a matter of timing. We seek out
                > of a desire for peace of mind and tranquility. The
                > seeming paradox is that at a critical point in our
                > journey, our mind must become utterly still and tranquil
                > in order to awaken and experience enlightenment -
                > a tranquility that transcend our understanding of
                > tranquility. The tranquility of enlightenment is only
                > known by direct experience and cannot be explained.

              • bandarakapukotuwa
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 27, 2007
                  <armaanwithu@...> wrote:

                  > Dear meditators,
                  >
                  > Hope u all will fine, i have written many times about myself.Can
                  > anyone tell me how could we find how much far away from elightenment.
                  > Is any elightened person told us.

                  you can't measure it. as you know it's not a simple procces. you can
                  undestand it with the time. actually it's a natural process.you should
                  give up every thing with mentally not a physically.