Love the One you're with.

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 16, 2007
      When the magic of meditation
      brings the internal chatter to
      absolute silence, transcendence
      is the default awareness.

      It is not enough to simply be
      in the moment.

      Transcendence falls in love
      with every moment.

      That is the only choice of free
      will - to maintain the silence
      and choiceless love of life or
      allow the chatter to regain its
      false claim as primary identity.

      As soon as we wish any moment
      were different than it is, we open
      the door to trance, once again.

      "The seeker meditates to attain,,
      the awakened meditates to maintain."
      -- Ramana Maharshi
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 16, 2007
        Question about reincarnation. Do past lives occur on a linear path just like the present, ie if I was born in 1971 does my past life have to have happened prior to that date or is time irrelevent in regards to incarnation? Are we limeted by this concept of reality, planet earth, human being ect.. ect.. or are other manifistations of being possible?

        Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
        When the magic of meditation
        brings the internal chatter to
        absolute silence, transcendence
        is the default awareness.

        It is not enough to simply be
        in the moment.

        Transcendence falls in love
        with every moment.

        That is the only choice of free
        will - to maintain the silence
        and choiceless love of life or
        allow the chatter to regain its
        false claim as primary identity.

        As soon as we wish any moment
        were different than it is, we open
        the door to trance, once again.

        "The seeker meditates to attain,,
        the awakened meditates to maintain."
        -- Ramana Maharshi

        Be a PS3 game guru.

      • Marc Moss
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16, 2007
          Sean:

          Due to the perceptual process, beings see themselves as taking rebirth. This process accords to laws that govern the world to which our mindstream concords. The linear dynamics of expression through time and space appear as manifestations to which we are subject, but there are ultimately no absolutes here.

          If smoking cigarettes is the cause for lung cancer, then everyone who smokes will die of cancer. George Burns should not have lived a happy life while smoking many cigars a day. Maybe he never saw them as something that threatened his life, but something that was just another pleasant thing within a life of many pleasant things. For me, I don't think smoking is a gamble that I should be taking, and can feel the effects of its harmful qualities on my lungs. But, i don't think that my outlook on life has been nearly as optimistic as George's...until recently!

          The majority of beings radiate a certain level of consciousness and we are all on a ladder to either climb up or down those different levels. This is made more clear when one has attained the Path of Seeing and then ascends the Ten Bhumis, or levels.

          For us ordinary folk, we only see linear dynamics unfold before us: A causes B causes C; but nonlinear dynamics shows that ABC must already exist for this to unfold. Time/Space is a concept that is not an absolute, not an ultimate as Nagarjuna clearly demonstrated in the Mulamadhyamikakarika. So, in the process of linear expression, if you died in 1970 your next life follows that stream of ripening in a linear manner through the same process of time/space. For an enlightened being, time/space is different...but not really contradictory to its ultimate nature. This would be why the omniscience of a Buddha is able to see past, present and future simulataneously.

          www.hagelin.org has a wonderful video (if you have an hour and a half) of a summary of the quantum physical findings to date. There are many wonderful things to gleen from this, but remember, science is currently at the Madhyamika-Svatantrika level of understanding reality...it's got a little way go!

          Sonam

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?
        • sean tremblay
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 16, 2007
            Thanks Sonam, that makes sense, I have another question to field. If there is no Deity, then what is the point of origin for existence?

            Marc Moss <jellybean0729@...> wrote:
[...]

            Get your own web address.

          • Marc Moss
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 16, 2007
              The answer to that question is not necessary for enlightenement...and once you get there, you'll know that answer without asking anything.

              in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
              to find your fit.
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 17, 2007
                <jeff@...> wrote:

                > When the magic of meditation
                > brings the internal chatter to
                > absolute silence, transcendence
                > is the default awareness.
                >
                > It is not enough to simply be
                > in the moment.
                >
                > Transcendence falls in love
                > with every moment.
                >
                > That is the only choice of free
                > will - to maintain the silence
                > and choiceless love of life or
                > allow the chatter to regain its
                > false claim as primary identity.
                >
                > As soon as we wish any moment
                > were different than it is, we open
                > the door to trance, once again.
                >
                > "The seeker meditates to attain,,
                > the awakened meditates to maintain."
                > -- Ramana Maharshi

                Yo Papajeff,
                I love this post, and really enjoyed the
                Ramana quote. I really think it's one of
                the most potentially consciousness
                evolving ones I've seen this year. Thanks!