Emailed Question About 3rd Eye Technique

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 5:33 AM
      We just received the email below that asks
      about how to do a part of the 3rd eye
      meditation that appears on our site:
      As there may be others who may want to know
      this information, I have copied and pasted
      my answer below. I hope this will be at
      least semi-interesting and helpful.

      W wrote:
      > Hi, I copied the below 2 ways that is on
      > your website teaching people how to do the
      > 3rd eye meditation.
      >
      > QUOTE
      > For some people, it will be beneficial to
      > raise your eyeballs as if you were looking
      > up at about a 25-degree angle. For others,
      > just directing their attention upwards will
      > be easier and less distracting.
      > UNQUOTE
      >
      > I really find it very uncomfortable to raise
      > my eyeball upward, i feel strained and dizzy!
      > As for the second method (sorry, i'm a Chinese
      > and my English is not so good, I just want to
      > make sure i perceive correctly on the 2nd method),
      > does that mean i only need to put my attention
      > (focus on that area) to the 3rd eye area and
      > need not roll my eyeballs upward? and that my
      > eyeball is still looking at the front screen (eyelid)??
      >
      > Thanks in advance for your help!
      >
      > luv n light

      Dear Winnie,
      You're reading and understanding the 2nd
      idea correctly. The first method actually
      places stress on the optic nerve and that produces
      visual mandalas with your eyes closed. This
      can give you an interesting vision but not
      necessarily a spiritually revealing one.
      The 2nd method which simply places your attention
      will be more likely to end with a
      "real" 3rd eye experience.
      I wish you well.
      Peace and blessings,