Re: [Meditation Society of America] The Ending of The Trance

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
      They may be your teachers.
      You may be an old soul,
      blessed with uncommon
      vision.

      <bethjams9@...> wrote:

      > I've seem mystic hearts in Indonesian street kids and sacred eyes
      in my hound dog.

      > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: A friend of mine of from
      > the 70s, who was the most
      > gifted poet I ever met in
      > person, spoke of those who look
      > down from their ivory towers
      > with no compassion for the
      > "bent over pilgrims" (those
      > lost and in dark despair).
      >
      > There is a "trance" that
      > socialization imposes on
      > virtually all people. There is
      > also a means of trance-ending,
      > for those who are desperate
      > for release from its grip.
      >
      > Many may be "successfully"
      > socialized and look no
      > further, but I agree with
      > Thoreau that "most live
      > lives of quiet desperation."
      > And some will not settle...
      > and become seekers.
      >
      > Yes, there is a danger in
      > seeking. But once the intuitive
      > stirring begins, few can turn
      > back from the seeking of
      > the elusive "something more".
      >
      > No one can "teach" transcendence,
      > but there are massive bodies of work
      > that report on its enlightening
      > power. The authentic reports are from
      > experiential knowledge.
      >
      > Neither not knowing about
      > transendence, nor disdaining
      > any talk of it, negates it.
      > Either there is an interest
      > and a passion to seek, or
      > there is a relative (or even
      > passionate) comfort with
      > life.
      >
      > For those bent over pilgrims:
      >
      > There may be those who sell
      > snake oil and seek only self-
      > aggrandizement,
      >
      > but..
      >
      > there are also those among us
      > who offer guidance from mystic
      > hearts and sacred eyes, from
      > pure compassion.
      >
      > In the Buddhist tradition,
      > these are Boddhisattvas.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
        And I've seen them in you.

        <bethjams9@...> wrote:

        > I've seem mystic hearts in Indonesian street kids and sacred eyes
        in my hound dog.

        > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: A friend of mine of from
        > the 70s, who was the most
        > gifted poet I ever met in
        > person, spoke of those who look
        > down from their ivory towers
        > with no compassion for the
        > "bent over pilgrims" (those
        > lost and in dark despair).
        >
        > There is a "trance" that
        > socialization imposes on
        > virtually all people. There is
        > also a means of trance-ending,
        > for those who are desperate
        > for release from its grip.
        >
        > Many may be "successfully"
        > socialized and look no
        > further, but I agree with
        > Thoreau that "most live
        > lives of quiet desperation."
        > And some will not settle...
        > and become seekers.
        >
        > Yes, there is a danger in
        > seeking. But once the intuitive
        > stirring begins, few can turn
        > back from the seeking of
        > the elusive "something more".
        >
        > No one can "teach" transcendence,
        > but there are massive bodies of work
        > that report on its enlightening
        > power. The authentic reports are from
        > experiential knowledge.
        >
        > Neither not knowing about
        > transendence, nor disdaining
        > any talk of it, negates it.
        > Either there is an interest
        > and a passion to seek, or
        > there is a relative (or even
        > passionate) comfort with
        > life.
        >
        > For those bent over pilgrims:
        >
        > There may be those who sell
        > snake oil and seek only self-
        > aggrandizement,
        >
        > but..
        >
        > there are also those among us
        > who offer guidance from mystic
        > hearts and sacred eyes, from
        > pure compassion.
        >
        > In the Buddhist tradition,
        > these are Boddhisattvas.
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

      • sean tremblay
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
          There is nothing special here Jeff, it's just a matter of being present at all moments and the gifts unfold for you. It's available to everybody. example : I was asked once to take a class of people out on runs I thought why would they want to pay me to go running when all they have to do is open the door and go run.

          Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
          They may be your teachers.
          You may be an old soul,
          blessed with uncommon
          vision.

          <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

          > I've seem mystic hearts in Indonesian street kids and sacred eyes
          in my hound dog.

          > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: A friend of mine of from
          > the 70s, who was the most
          > gifted poet I ever met in