The Ending of The Trance

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007

      there are also those among us
      who offer guidance from mystic
      hearts and sacred eyes, from
      pure compassion.

      In the Buddhist tradition,
      these are Boddhisattvas.
    • sean tremblay
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
        I've seem mystic hearts in Indonesian street kids and sacred eyes in my hound dog.

        Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
        A friend of mine of from
        the 70s, who was the most
        gifted poet I ever met in
        person, spoke of those who look
        down from their ivory towers
        with no compassion for the
        "bent over pilgrims" (those
        lost and in dark despair).

        There is a "trance" that
        socialization imposes on
        virtually all people. There is
        also a means of trance-ending,
        for those who are desperate
        for release from its grip.

        Many may be "successfully"
        socialized and look no
        further, but I agree with
        Thoreau that "most live
        lives of quiet desperation. "
        And some will not settle...
        and become seekers.

        Yes, there is a danger in
        seeking. But once the intuitive
        stirring begins, few can turn
        back from the seeking of
        the elusive "something more".

        No one can "teach" transcendence,
        but there are massive bodies of work
        that report on its enlightening
        power. The authentic reports are from
        experiential knowledge.

        Neither not knowing about
        transendence, nor disdaining
        any talk of it, negates it.
        Either there is an interest
        and a passion to seek, or
        there is a relative (or even
        passionate) comfort with
        life.

        For those bent over pilgrims:

        There may be those who sell
        snake oil and seek only self-
        aggrandizement,

        but..

        there are also those among us
        who offer guidance from mystic
        hearts and sacred eyes, from
        pure compassion.

        In the Buddhist tradition,
        these are Boddhisattvas.

        Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

      • Jeff Belyea
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
          They may be your teachers.
          You may be an old soul,
          blessed with uncommon
          vision.

          <bethjams9@...> wrote:

          > I've seem mystic hearts in Indonesian street kids and sacred eyes
          in my hound dog.

          > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: A friend of mine of from
          > the 70s, who was the most
          > gifted poet I ever met in
          > person, spoke of those who look
          > down from their ivory towers
          > with no compassion for the
          > "bent over pilgrims" (those
          > lost and in dark despair).
          >
          > There is a "trance" that
          > socialization imposes on
          > virtually all people. There is
          > also a means of trance-ending,
          > for those who are desperate
          > for release from its grip.
          >
          > Many may be "successfully"
          > socialized and look no
          > further, but I agree with
          > Thoreau that "most live
          > lives of quiet desperation."
          > And some will not settle...
          > and become seekers.
          >
          > Yes, there is a danger in
          > seeking. But once the intuitive
          > stirring begins, few can turn
          > back from the seeking of
          > the elusive "something more".
          >
          > No one can "teach" transcendence,
          > but there are massive bodies of work
          > that report on its enlightening
          > power. The authentic reports are from
          > experiential knowledge.
          >
          > Neither not knowing about
          > transendence, nor disdaining
          > any talk of it, negates it.
          > Either there is an interest
          > and a passion to seek, or
          > there is a relative (or even
          > passionate) comfort with
          > life.
          >
          > For those bent over pilgrims:
          >
          > There may be those who sell
          > snake oil and seek only self-
          > aggrandizement,
          >
          > but..
          >
          > there are also those among us
          > who offer guidance from mystic
          > hearts and sacred eyes, from
          > pure compassion.
          >
          > In the Buddhist tradition,
          > these are Boddhisattvas.
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
            And I've seen them in you.

            <bethjams9@...> wrote:

            > I've seem mystic hearts in Indonesian street kids and sacred eyes
            in my hound dog.

            > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: A friend of mine of from
            > the 70s, who was the most
            > gifted poet I ever met in
            > person, spoke of those who look
            > down from their ivory towers
            > with no compassion for the
            > "bent over pilgrims" (those
            > lost and in dark despair).
            >
            > There is a "trance" that
            > socialization imposes on
            > virtually all people. There is
            > also a means of trance-ending,
            > for those who are desperate
            > for release from its grip.
            >
            > Many may be "successfully"
            > socialized and look no
            > further, but I agree with
            > Thoreau that "most live
            > lives of quiet desperation."
            > And some will not settle...
            > and become seekers.
            >
            > Yes, there is a danger in
            > seeking. But once the intuitive
            > stirring begins, few can turn
            > back from the seeking of
            > the elusive "something more".
            >
            > No one can "teach" transcendence,
            > but there are massive bodies of work
            > that report on its enlightening
            > power. The authentic reports are from
            > experiential knowledge.
            >
            > Neither not knowing about
            > transendence, nor disdaining
            > any talk of it, negates it.
            > Either there is an interest
            > and a passion to seek, or
            > there is a relative (or even
            > passionate) comfort with
            > life.
            >
            > For those bent over pilgrims:
            >
            > There may be those who sell
            > snake oil and seek only self-
            > aggrandizement,
            >
            > but..
            >
            > there are also those among us
            > who offer guidance from mystic
            > hearts and sacred eyes, from
            > pure compassion.
            >
            > In the Buddhist tradition,
            > these are Boddhisattvas.
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

          • sean tremblay
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2007
              There is nothing special here Jeff, it's just a matter of being present at all moments and the gifts unfold for you. It's available to everybody. example : I was asked once to take a class of people out on runs I thought why would they want to pay me to go running when all they have to do is open the door and go run.

              Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote:
              They may be your teachers.
              You may be an old soul,
              blessed with uncommon
              vision.

              <bethjams9@. ..> wrote:

              > I've seem mystic hearts in Indonesian street kids and sacred eyes
              in my hound dog.

              > Jeff Belyea <jeff@...> wrote: A friend of mine of from
              > the 70s, who was the most
              > gifted poet I ever met in