Zen and the Art of Knifemaking x 5

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
      There may be something new under the sun!
      And all it took for it to come about was
      attention without any specific intention.
      In the Photo section, in the album titled
      Zen and the Art of Knifemaking, you can see
      the 5 newest knives that have appeared
      (pics # 17 to 28). In the knife shown in
      pictures 17 and 18, you're possibly seeing
      something that may be a "First". Knives were
      wo/mankind's first tool and hundreds of
      millions are in existance, but this new knife
      may have something that no other knife has
      ever had....a multi-layered guard. Pics
      of this knife have been posted on knife
      forums that total about 100,000 members
      and no one has yet said that they have ever
      seen this done before. It seems impossible
      that this could be, but so far it is. And
      in another way, this is very unsurprising
      as there can never be anything that ever was
      before. Just as every hand made object is
      unique in some way, in a way all things that
      exist differ from anything else that ever was.
      And each thing itself is always changing.
      For instance, every cell in your body has had
      its molecular and atomic structure change
      since you started reading this post. So when
      you see something new arise, and in reality
      you always are, recognize the symbolisn
      that is being demonstrating ... the
      universe has just gifted you with another
      reminder of the impermanence of appearance
      and the value of appreciating each unique
      moment as it takes place. Take the opportunity to
      cherish it and then let it go so as to welcome the
      new experience coming into play with empty arms
      and mind and heart. For there is always some
      thing new under the sun and all it takes to
      appreciate it is to be attentive. And what comes
      with this recognition is much sharper than any
      knife and absolutely without question new
      and unique.
    • Bruce Morgen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2007
        ..and that, old friend, is what
        old Krishnamurti called "a
        great meditation." The only
        meditation is the moment, and
        the only path is the arduous,
        miraculous, entirely unique
        course of ones incarnate
        adventure. Jai guruji!

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2007
          Bruce Morgen <editor@...> wrote:

          > ..and that, old friend, is what
          > old Krishnamurti called "a
          > great meditation." The only
          > meditation is the moment, and
          > the only path is the arduous,
          > miraculous, entirely unique
          > course of ones incarnate
          > adventure. Jai guruji!

          Yo Sri Bruceji,
          It's good to hear/read from you. Thanks!
          And for the sake of our new members,
          let me point to excellent examples
          of real meditative wisdom:
          http://www.atman.net/realization/