Any good teachers in the NE Ohio area?

  • citizensactive
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hi everyone!

      I'm still kind of new to meditation, been doing it about a year. I've
      learned to do it on my own with a couple books but I want to get into
      it further so I am looking for a teacher in NE Ohio area. If anyone
      can't point me int he right direction I would be grateful!

      Namaste!

      Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
        , "citizensactive" <citizensactive@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > I'm still kind of new to meditation, been doing it about a year. I've
        > learned to do it on my own with a couple books but I want to get into
        > it further so I am looking for a teacher in NE Ohio area. If anyone
        > can't point me int he right direction I would be grateful!
        >
        > Namaste!
        >
        > Mike

        Yo Mike,
        I don't know of any specific classes in your area that
        I can recommend, and I don't know any of the teachers
        I'm about to direct you to personally, but I do know
        that they are all certified by Integral Yoga and had
        meditation as part of their course, as taught by Swami
        Satchidananda. I considered him one of the worlds greatest
        yoga and meditation masters. This makes them well worth
        checking out. I also feel there is no cult like stuff,
        and they simply share knowledge righteously. The URL for
        Ohio teachers is at:
        http://www.iyta.org/TeachersDirectory/OH.php
        I hope this will be helpful to you.
      • Citizens Active
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2007
          Thanks Bob, I am grateful!

          , "citizensactive" <citizensactive@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone!
          >
          > I'm still kind of new to meditation, been doing it about a year. I've
          > learned to do it on my own with a couple books but I want to get into
          > it further so I am looking for a teacher in NE Ohio area. If anyone
          > can't point me int he right direction I would be grateful!
          >
          > Namaste!
          >
          > Mike

          Yo Mike,
          I don't know of any specific classes in your area that
          I can recommend, and I don't know any of the teachers
          I'm about to direct you to personally, but I do know
          that they are all certified by Integral Yoga and had
          meditation as part of their course, as taught by Swami
          Satchidananda. I considered him one of the worlds greatest
          yoga and meditation masters. This makes them well worth
          checking out. I also feel there is no cult like stuff,
          and they simply share knowledge righteously. The URL for
          Ohio teachers is at:
          http://www.iyta. org/TeachersDire ctory/OH. php
          I hope this will be helpful to you.

          Don't pick lemons.
          See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.