Re: [Meditation Society of America] Beware of Snake Oil Salesman

  • Marc Moss
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
      Sean,

      Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love the flavor analogy! That is so true. And what's really awesome is that you said you enjoy life!! So do I!!! And I think today more than ever I enjoy the fact that when bad things happen, I can see that they're my fault. I'm even culpable for the enjoyments in my life!!! I love it! Karma and emptiness are fantastic.

      Now, what I don't like is the fact that this ignorance of misperceiving the way things ACTUALLY are make me and others comfortable to just keep doing what's necessary to enjoy the IDEA of what we think is happening, not the truth. Afterall, a Buddha enjoys his paradise and there is no nonvirtue in that. Enlightenment will be everything you ever dreamed of, but you have to allow Sean to mold and flow and become what you create...and you have to understand how this creation process unfolds.

      If you can see God and Dharmakaya as the same, it is not a stretch to see how things manifest, provided we're agreeing that they are within us. For both the above mentioned sources, Buddha taught the Dharmakaya to be within, Jesus taught the kingdom to be within. Perhaps we should take more stock into revisiting the teachins of Jesus with an understanding of emptiness...it is very revealing!

      Candace Pert has some wonderful, wonderful books. I love her dearly. What a teacher! She enlightens readers with an understanding of brain chemistry, peptides, emotional responses ...and admits that this is only the "how", not the "why".

      Hmm, you've got me in the mood to listen to some Miles Davis today. Thanks!!

      Sonam

      TV dinner still cooling?