Re: How do you *address* the divine in prayer?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2002
      Dear Leslie,
      Judi isn't really the Queen of England, and actually doesn't go for
      any pretenders to any thrones. Perhaps the Native American designation
      of Great Spirit might be appropriate. Or, just have her pray for the
      well being of Mommy, her friends, etc., without any designation as to
      who is being prayed to. Sort of a wish for "good". In any event,
      anything is probably better than the "Boogie Man".
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, lesley_j2001
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hello again. I want to teach my dd, who is 2.5, a simple prayer to
      > say at bedtime. I plan to teach a prayer of thanksgiving and
      > affirmation. The big issue I have is that I don't know how to tell
      > her to address the divine. I personally steer away from the term
      God