Re: [Meditation Society of America] Three 1/2 years.......nothing!

  • the32family
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 14, 2006
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Bonekeeper"
      <bonekeeper@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sean,
      > my first impression about you is that you have too much anxieties on
      > your life that are keeping you from focus. Remember how much time
      > Buddha himself had to sit down to achieve enlightenment. Remember also
      > that you have to give up anxieties and futile worries to achieve bliss
      > and happiness, not the other way around. "Abandoning attachment brings
      > release from suffering".
      >
      > Daniel

      You're very right Daniel.Without going into too much detail and boring
      you with the details of my personal life,the sudden loss of my job
      followed by a failed business venture has put extreme anxiety on me.I
      have extreme pressure from others as well,which is natural,I can only
      lean on a person for so long....

      Quickly,

      Before these things happened and life was coasting along,I became self-
      realized and lost absolutely all stress.Little things that used to eat
      away at me no longer had any effect.(my appearance,my spending
      money...etc..)

      Things were great!!!!

      Then this!Now,I know the right answer,however,that stress you detect is
      definitely present and this time is not subsiding as easily.

      But,yes,I know the answer,the one and only answer to overcome
      everything this "dream" presents.

      Sometimes,though,and I wonder if any of you ever feel this way,

      I feel like it shouldn't have to be this hard.I mean,to sit there with
      all the force that you can muster up in your heart and plead with "God"
      to let you into His consciousness,to "show you the light"
      then get nothing in return is VERY frustrating.

      Thanks
      awesome group
    • Citizens Active
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 16, 2006
        Sean,

        I was in a similiar situation as you recently.  When it got to the point I couldn't keep focus on my focus point (my breath), I threw myself to the universe so to speak, focusing on direction and purpose.  Afterwhich, I received related dreams ans had some so-called coincidences happen which relieve much of the anxiety which also helped to keep focus on meditations.  Something that also helped me was the use of reiki symbols in meditations, just do a search they're easy to find.  Also, you want to try to open up in a different like getting a reiki session done, you can find practioners everywhere now.  How this helps!

        the32family <the32family@...> wrote:
        Thanks Cheryl,

        This board has een fantastic so far,i can see i made a great decision
        to join>

        My problem(if you can call it that lol)with "visuals" thus far has
        simply been the placement of my computer,the comfortablity of my desk
        chair,the light in the room...etc., but i can see how it would work.I
        feel i need a pitch black room with a large screen.I also feel the
        urge to close my eyes.

        using this with headphones has DEFINITELY been a help:

        http://www.bwgen. com

        cool,I'll let you know how it goes.

        -- In meditationsocietyof america@yahoogro ups.com, "cbondnelms"

        http://mail.yahoo.com