Re: Accidental Meditation

  • cbondnelms
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2006
      I would say you were using positive thoughts and positive
      affirmations in a meditative way. Positive affirmations are a great
      way to try and lift yourself out of depression. Contragulations for
      figuring out how to pull yourself out of depression.
      I think, if we are not fighting medical issues, we can choose to be
      positive or negative, and we should always choose to be positive and
      to meditate on positive thoughts.
      Depression robs us of the joy we should be experiencing in life, and
      your ability to realize that and lift yourself up is truly
      commendable.
      Congratulations!
      Sincerely,
      Cheryl
      http://www.tranquilityisyours.com

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "mrtjkool1"
      <mrtjkool1@...> wrote:

      > I am a Freshman in highschool, and during the 8th grade I went
      > though a huge depression. Most of my thoughts were negative and
      sad,
      > and my self-confidence was very low. School was the only thing that
      > would cause the depression, so when school ended and summer
      vacation
      > came I was not depressed anymore. When school started again and I
      > became a Freshman, I was terrified at the thought of becoming
      > depressed again. I tried to prevent this from happening by
      shrugging
      > off the negative thoughts that came to me, and sometimes replacing
      > them with self-boosting ones. I noticed that my stress had lowered
      > over time, I felt happier about myself, and I felt clearer-minded.
      And