Request to Critique Free eBook

  • swamitarakananda
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2006
      Dear Friends,

      The abbot of Atma Jyoti Ashram, Swami Nirmalananda Giri, has recently finished a comprehensive book on meditation, Om Yoga: Its Theory and Practice. It has be made available on the Ashram's website to read online or as a free PDF download.

      Before putting the book into print, The Ashram would appreciate it if meditators and spiritual aspirants would give the book a perusal and check the book over for readability, see if it clearly conveys the ideas expressed, and point out any other problems which might be found.

      Though the book is specifically about meditation on OM, the principals expressed apply to many meditation methods, and will be of benefit to all meditators. Chapters include:

      • Yoga and Freedom
      • Who is God?
      • Breath and Sound in Meditation
      • Pointers For Successful Meditation
      • The Foundations of Yoga

      Om Yoga: Its Theory and Practice can be viewed online or downloaded (for free) here.

      We would appreciate your feedback on the book, and any suggestions. Contact me at my email address listed here.

      Swami Tarakananda