Healing Meditation Techniques

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
      Many people look into meditation for
      it's healing aspects. Here are
      8 techniques that are shared on
      our web site, Meditation Station
      http://www.meditationsociety.com

      Visualization of Cellular Healing (#1)

      When you go to a doctor, s/he prescribes a medication
      for you to take, or a treatment you will undergo,
      your body starts the healing process before the
      medicine is in your system or the exercise or surgical
      procedure has taken place. For most people, just seeing
      a doctor gives confidence that healing will occur.
      Depending on the patient's cultural background, this is
      true whether the physician is a neurosurgeon at the Mayo
      Clinic or a tribal witch doctor. This is attributable
      to an extraordinary healing ability of the body by a
      process known as the placebo effect. What happens is that
      healing starts when you believe it will occur. Your mind
      buys into it and your body makes it happen. The great
      physician and humanitarian, Dr. Albert Schweitzer, gives
      us this insight - "The witch doctor succeeds for the same
      reason all the rest of us (medical doctors) succeed. Each
      patient carries his own doctor inside himself. They come
      to us not knowing that truth. We are at our best when we
      give the doctor who resides within each patient a chance
      to go to work."

      Our body is a fantastic chemical factory that is
      capable of seemingly unbelievable things. For instance,
      there is the case of a 95-pound woman lifting up a
      two-ton car to save the life of her child who was trapped
      under its weight. This was due to a gigantic adrenaline
      release. As impressive a display of adaptability to a
      need this is, our body is capable of doing even more
      seemingly miraculous feats. Perhaps the most impressive
      of all is its' ability to heal itself - of anything!

      There are several methods dealing with visualizing
      healing meditatively at the cellular level. To begin
      any of them, use the position, breathing pattern, physical
      relaxing technique, and emptying of mental and emotional
      reactivity that you have found best prepares you to fill
      with the object of your meditation. Try each of these ways
      separately, and try combining them until your healing has
      occurred. This may take mere seconds, or decades, as has
      whatever happened to you that now needs a change back to
      wellness.

      1. In your minds eye, see aberrant or inflamed
      cells changing into healthy cells. If there is a damaged
      or corrupted area within the cells, visualize them
      changing and becoming free from injury. See your whole
      body becoming pure. Visualize yourself as perfectly healthy.

      2. There are cells within your body that act as
      protectors and actually attack and kill damaging invader
      cells. See these warrior cells destroy those cells that
      could cause you injury. See your whole body becoming pure.
      Visualize yourself as perfectly healthy.

      3. There are cells within your body that eat
      threatening cells. See them devour the harm causing
      structures. See your whole body becoming pure. Visualize
      yourself as perfectly healthy.

      4. Visualize groups of healthy cells combining to
      replace any damaged areas of your body. For instance,
      if you have suffered a broken bone, see the cells come
      together in healing, bonding together to reform a complete
      structure. Visualize the bone as perfectly healthy.

      5. Visualize healing energy filling you. The energy
      can be felt to originate from a higher power that gifts
      you with healing. See this holy energy filling and changing
      your cellular structure to a perfect condition. Watch as
      the specific organ, body system, or part heals. See your
      whole body becoming pure. Visualize yourself as perfectly
      healthy.

      6. Visualize yourself standing, sitting, or
      prostrating in front of your personal deity. See your
      deity heal you by touch. See your deity heal you by
      sending divine energy to you. See your deity end your
      suffering. See your whole body becoming pure. Visualize
      yourself as perfectly healthy.

      7. Get an anatomy book and study the body structure
      you want healing to take place in. Look at how the part
      appears when in a state of perfection. When doing a healing
      visualization meditation, see your body part as being in
      this state of perfection.

      8. If you are suffering from pain, see in your minds
      eye, as clearly as possible, the nerve endings that are in
      the specific area of your discomfort, or all of the nerve
      endings in your entire body. With every inhalation, feel and
      visualize healing air flowing from a higher power and enter
      you and fill your lungs. See your red blood cells absorb the
      air through the walls of your lungs and flow through your
      arteries spreading healing oxygen to every cell in your body.
      Witness the inflamed nerve endings become soothed and witness
      your body start to glow with wellbeing and serenity.

      Perhaps the most important suggestion of all is to sincerely
      want the healing to take place and believe that it will occur.
      The Meditation Society of America doesn't favor one religion
      over another, or even suggest that one has to believe in God
      at all for the benefits of meditation to help you, but we do
      sometimes quote from religious sources. In this case, we cite
      the Bible - Mark 11:24 "...what things ye desire, when ye
      pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

      This 2000-year-old statement is in perfect accord with
      the most cutting edge scientific and medical understanding
      of the 21st century. To quote Dr. Herbert Benson of the
      Harvard Medical School, "We know that belief can lead to
      healing or at least improvement in 50 percent to 90 percent
      of diseases, including asthma, angina pectoris, and skin
      rashes, many forms of pain, rheumatoid arthritis, congestive
      heart failure. They're all influenced by belief. We in
      medicine have made fun of belief by calling it the "placebo
      effect," or insisting that "It's all in your head." Yet,
      belief is one of the most powerful healing tools we have
      in our therapeutic arsenal."
    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006
        Dear Meditators,

        The core aspect of meditation is enhancing mind body communication-
        listening to the body and commanding it. It pays. For over last six
        years my medical bill is NIL. Is it so for you too?
        regards