Re: Guilt and Forgiving

  • jvbh_jaws
    Message 1 of 197 , Feb 10, 2002
      I just joined your club today, however, I wasn't
      necessarily going to post a message; But since gulit and
      forgiving came up, I had a question... HOW? How do you
      "just let go of it"?<br> There are times in my life
      (such as now) when I feel so hurt and betrayed that it
      is very hard not to dwell on my anger. I find it
      hard to meditate, or concentrate on anything at all,
      because this negativity keeps invading my thoughts. Then
      I become angry with myself for not beling able to
      let go. That leads to guilt, and so on and so
      on...<br> I'm not very good at meditation, because I'm new
      at it. Even on a good day, I become overly
      distracted with my breathing, such as message #142.(I feel
      I'm too concerned with breathing patterns, or other
      little strage annoyances,) or I simpily fall asleep.
      (I've been told I get too comfortable)<br> Anyway, back
      to the subject at hand. As you might be able to
      tell, my mind easily wanders off to other areas -
      especially during meditation, and I have to bring it back
      "home". Now, I'm finding myself in a situation where my
      emotions are just too raw to let go of.<br> I've read
      Forgiveness #73 and #38, the Dali Lama's Meditation, hoping
      that either would help me get passed this. Again, the
      same negativity continues to invade my thoughts to the
      point where I feel like I'm concentrating on negativity
      and rage rather than love. I certainly don't want to
      From, Vicki
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: