A Few Meditation Tips

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
      The formula is "Less words and more experience".

      It has been said "One of the best ways to figure
      IT out is to stop figuring out anything." But,
      if you find you can't stop your inner chatterer
      from figuring out everything, there are very
      efficient meditative actions you can take that
      will surely benefit you greatly in gaining self
      control and evolving spiritually. Whenever you
      witness your inner or outer chattering being of a
      nature that upsets you, taking your peace away,
      simply replace those thoughts and feelings with
      their opposites. For instance, if you witness
      yourself thinking about what a jerk a coworker is
      and feeling annoyed at how annoying they are, cease
      that line of thought and think of how sorrowful it
      must be to be such a negative person, and have
      compassion for them, and then beam your love and
      hopes for their spiritual growth so that they may
      end the suffering they cause others and that they
      too must be going through. And if you witness
      yourself being a negative person or doing actions
      that cause you or others suffering, have compassion
      for yourself and pray for your own spiritual
      upliftment. Always, in all ways look for your
      actions and thoughts to be ones of kindness,
      selflessness, and compassion. You can't go wrong
      with this game plan. You can't accrue bad karma. You
      can't have remorse if your motivations are pure and
      sweet. All that is required is to witness your life
      as it takes place. This opens the door to being able
      to effectively change your patterns of behavior to
      ones that will bring you peace. Meditation is a
      powerful tool for this witnessing to happen. Sitting
      in meditation without distractions is probably best
      at first (and often at last) for most people to get
      used to placing awareness on and in the present. It
      then becomes easier to be in the witness mode during
      active daily life events. At a point it becomes
      spontaneous and effortless to witness mental, physical
      and emotional fluctuations. At first you may be
      embarrassed at how awkward and inappropriate they have
      been and are. But soon you will just laugh at the
      ridiculous actions and recognize them to be just a part
      of a show you are attending. For in truth you are not
      your mind nor your body or your emotions and have no
      ownership over the way they play around. You are the
      witness to them and the creative energy behind them.
      There really is no need to judge or compare or comment
      about anything. When that becomes experiential and not
      just theoretical, you will be living in the now and that
      lasts happily ever after.

      Kir Li Molari

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2008
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, medit8ionsociety <no_reply@...>
          wrote:

          > The formula is "Less words and more experience".
          >
          > To quote Kir Li Molari, "One of the best ways
          > to figure IT out is to stop figuring out
          > anything." But, if you find you can't stop your
          > inner chatterer from figuring out everything,
          > there are very efficient meditative actions you
          > can take that will surely benefit you greatly
          > in gaining self control and evolving spiritually.
          > Whenever you witness your inner or outer
          > chattering being of a nature that upsets you,
          > taking your peace away, simply replace those
          > thoughts and feelings with their opposites. For
          > instance, if you witness yourself thinking about
          > what a jerk a coworker is and feeling annoyed at
          > how annoying they are, cease that line of thought
          > and think of how sorrowful it must be to be such
          > a negative person, and have compassion for them,
          > and then beam your love and hopes for their spiritual
          > growth so that they may end the suffering they cause
          > others and that they too must be going through.
          > And if you witness yourself being a negative person
          > or doing actions that cause you or others suffering,
          > have compassion for yourself and pray for your
          > own spiritual upliftment. Always, in all ways look
          > for your actions and thoughts to be ones of kindness,
          > selflessness, and compassion. You can't go wrong
          > with this game plan. You can't accrue bad karma. You
          > can't have remorse if your motivations are pure
          > and sweet. All that is required is to witness your
          > life as it takes place. This opens the door to
          > being able to effectively change your patterns of
          > behavior to ones that will bring you peace. Meditation
          > is a powerful tool for this witnessing to happen.
          > Sitting in meditation without distractions is
          > probably best at first (and often at last) for
          > most people to get used to placing awareness on
          > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
          > in the witness mode during active daily life events.
          > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
          > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
          > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
          > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
          > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
          > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
          > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
          > nor your body or your emotions and have no
          > ownership over the way they play around. You are
          > the witness to them and the creative energy
          > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
          > compare or comment about anything. When that
          > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
          > will be living in the now and that lasts
          > happily ever after.

          Sweet.
        • Delia Tofolean
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2008
            HI,

            a very simple formula I found in the Bible

            Proverbs

            15:3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place,

            keeping watch on those who are evil and those who are good.

            Try to imagine the eyes of the Lord and you will find the Light.

            Nothing about your third eye and what can it discover...in your life or in your dreams

            Delia

            From: Jeff Belyea <jeff@...>
            Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Re: A Few Meditation Tips
            To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 12:19 AM

            wrote:

            > The formula is "Less words and more experience".
            >
            > To quote Kir Li Molari, "One of the best ways
            > to figure IT out is to stop figuring out
            > anything." But, if you find you can't stop your
            > inner chatterer from figuring out everything,
            > there are very efficient meditative actions you
            > can take that will surely benefit you greatly
            > in gaining self control and evolving spiritually.
            > Whenever you witness your inner or outer
            > chattering being of a nature that upsets you,
            > taking your peace away, simply replace those
            > thoughts and feelings with their opposites. For
            > instance, if you witness yourself thinking about
            > what a jerk a coworker is and feeling annoyed at
            > how annoying they are, cease that line of thought
            > and think of how sorrowful it must be to be such
            > a negative person, and have compassion for them,
            > and then beam your love and hopes for their spiritual
            > growth so that they may end the suffering they cause
            > others and that they too must be going through.
            > And if you witness yourself being a negative person
            > or doing actions that cause you or others suffering,
            > have compassion for yourself and pray for your
            > own spiritual upliftment. Always, in all ways look
            > for your actions and thoughts to be ones of kindness,
            > selflessness, and compassion. You can't go wrong
            > with this game plan. You can't accrue bad karma. You
            > can't have remorse if your motivations are pure
            > and sweet. All that is required is to witness your
            > life as it takes place. This opens the door to
            > being able to effectively change your patterns of
            > behavior to ones that will bring you peace. Meditation
            > is a powerful tool for this witnessing to happen.
            > Sitting in meditation without distractions is
            > probably best at first (and often at last) for
            > most people to get used to placing awareness on
            > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
            > in the witness mode during active daily life events.
            > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
            > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
            > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
            > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
            > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
            > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
            > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
            > nor your body or your emotions and have no
            > ownership over the way they play around. You are
            > the witness to them and the creative energy
            > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
            > compare or comment about anything. When that
            > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
            > will be living in the now and that lasts
            > happily ever after.

            Sweet.

          • Jeff Belyea
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2008
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Delia Tofolean <deliatfn@...>
              wrote:

              > HI,
              >
              > a very simple formula I found in the Bible
              >
              > Proverbs
              > 15:3 The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
              > keeping watch on those who are evil and those who are good.
              > Try to imagine the eyes of the Lord and you will find the Light.
              > Nothing about your third eye and what can it discover...in your life or in your dreams
              > Delia

              If your eye be single, your body will be filled with light.

              Bible ping pong on.

> [...]
              > > probably best at first (and often at last) for
              > > most people to get used to placing awareness on
              > > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
              > > in the witness mode during active daily life events.
              > > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
              > > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
              > > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
              > > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
              > > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
              > > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
              > > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
              > > nor your body or your emotions and have no
              > > ownership over the way they play around. You are
              > > the witness to them and the creative energy
              > > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
              > > compare or comment about anything. When that
              > > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
              > > will be living in the now and that lasts

            • Steven Klassen
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2008
                Hi Jeff..you may enjoy the meditation at www.sigler.org/klassen...  If your eye be single, your whole body is full of light....Steven

> [...]

                > > most people to get used to placing awareness on
                > > and in the present. It then becomes easier to be
                > > in the witness
                mode during active daily life events.
                > > At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless
                > > to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations.
                > > At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward
                > > and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon
                > > you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and
                > > recognize them to be just a part of a show you
                > > are attending. For in truth you are not your mind
                > > nor your body or your emotions and have no
                > > ownership over the way they play around. You are
                > > the witness to them and the creative energy
                > > behind them. There really is no need to judge or
                > > compare or comment about anything. When that
                > > becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you
                > > will be living in the now and that lasts

              • Jeff Belyea
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 8, 2008
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Steven Klassen
                  <stevenhawk7@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Jeff..you may enjoy the meditation at www.sigler.org/klassen...
                  If your eye be single, your whole body is full of light....Steven

                  Thanks, Steven. Great stuff.
                  More parallels with 7 energy
                  points,7 furnishings and 7
                  Chakras.

                  Jeff
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 29, 2013

                    The formula is “Less words and more experience”.

                    To quote Kir Li Molari, “One of the best ways to figure IT out is to stop figuring out anything.” But, if you find you can’t stop your inner chatterer from figuring out everything, there are very efficient meditative actions you can take that will surely benefit you greatly in gaining self control and evolving spiritually. Whenever you witness your inner or outer chattering being of a nature that upsets you, taking your peace away, simply replace those thoughts and feelings with their opposites. For instance, if you witness yourself thinking about what a jerk a coworker is and feeling annoyed at how annoying they are, cease that line of thought and think of how sorrowful it must be to be such a negative person, and have compassion for them, and then beam your love and hopes for their spiritual growth so that they may end the suffering they cause others and that they too must be going through. And if you witness yourself being a negative person or doing actions that cause you or others suffering, have compassion for yourself and pray for your own spiritual upliftment. Always, in all ways look for your actions and thoughts to be ones of kindness, selflessness, and compassion. You can’t go wrong with this game plan. You can’t accrue bad karma. You can’t have remorse if your motivations are pure and sweet. All that is required is to witness your life as it takes place. This opens the door to being able to effectively change your patterns of behavior to ones that will bring you peace. Meditation is a powerful tool for this witnessing to happen. Sitting in meditation without distractions is probably best at first (and often at last) for most people to get used to placing awareness on and in the present. It then becomes easier to be in the witness mode during active daily life events. At a point it becomes spontaneous and effortless to witness mental, physical and emotional fluctuations. At first you may be embarrassed at how awkward and inappropriate they have been and are. But soon you will just laugh at the ridiculous actions and recognize them to be just a part of a show you are attending. For in truth you are not your mind nor your body or your emotions and have no ownership over the way they play around. You are the witness to them and the creative energy behind them. There really is no need to judge or compare or comment about anything. When that becomes experiential and not just theoretical, you will be living in the now and that lasts happily ever after.